- Stunning views and glorious setting
- Magnificent vaulted ceiling drawing room
- Study / office / studio or potential annexe
- Easy access to Yattendon and Hampstead Norreys
- Productive large/ vegetable and fruit garden
- 5 good sized bedrooms
- Gardens / grounds / paddocks extending to approx 3.3 acres
- Beautiful grounds with pond and River Pang frontage
- Garage & car ports
- Very private / secluded / tucked away
Catchment for The Downs School. Yattendon village 1 mile ● Hampstead Norreys 1 mile ● Pangbourne 7 miles ● Newbury 8 miles ● M4 (j. 13) 5 miles (all distances are approximate)
4,532 sq ft / 421 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 3.3 acres / 1.3 hectares
In excess of 100 metres of River Pang frontage
(all measurements are approximate)
A magnificent 5 bedroom attached period barn, valuably unlisted and idyllically surrounded by wonderfully unspoilt natural countryside. It is almost impossible to find such a beautifully restored period property in such a tremendous location in this part of the world.
Dating back to approximately the mid-18th century, the major part of a 7-bay wheat barn was converted in 1999 into 2 dwellings by the Thomas Brothers builders, well-known for their quality of workmanship and attention to detail.
Everington Farm is a fine example of their tasteful and sympathetic redesign. The barn consists of 3 bays and some later additions to the south west corner and western end.
These later extensions include a green oak 2 bay car port and garage and two oak frame porches. It is thought this wheat barn was part of Everington hamlet which lies 700m to the south, and possibly moved to its current position in the 19th century. This is a very adaptable house with a number of large reception rooms,
Everington Farm is a superb family house, situated well away from the road, occupying a sleepy, peaceful, very beautiful rural location, overlooking breath-taking countryside part owned by Eling and Yattendon Estates. The property is entered from a long private driveway which passes over a pretty flint and brick bridge, and a 5-bar gate which gives access to a large forecourt, with room for many cars to park when entertaining.
Facing south with wonderful views, well-maintained lawns sweep down and circle a charming pond with weeping willows, and into the paddock which belongs to the property. To one side, the pretty trout stream, the Pang, meanders and trickles across a waterfall and has over 100 metres frontage to the property.
Due to the layout of the barn and its landscaping with high yew hedges, both Everington Farm and its attached neighbour, Riverside Barn, enjoy tremendous privacy and seclusion from each other.
Situated equidistant between Hampstead Norreys and Yattendon, two highly sought-after villages which both have village shops, excellent pubs, primary schools and leisure facilities such as football pitches, tennis courts, cricket greens and playgrounds.
• The drawing room has a fabulous vaulted ceiling with the original 18th century timbers exposed to view, with a large fireplace and a wood burning stove set on a raised hearth with Bessemer beam across, and exposed red brick chimney breast rising to the ceiling. The bays are both fitted with large windows and French doors giving dual access to the gardens
• The dining room is a large room which can easily take a table to seat 12-16 people, and to one side there is room for a grand piano, with access to the southerly rear gardens and a splendid family size kitchen
• The kitchen has an extensive range of maple shaker style cupboards and drawers, wide Corian work surfaces, twin bowl Corian sink, fitted Miele dishwasher, Gaggenau fitted worksurface grill unit, fitted Miele fridge freezer, space for cooking unit with stainless steel extractor over, plenty of room for a large breakfast table, an attractive arched beam gives walk-through access to a double aspect sitting room with doors leading into the gardens
• Reception hall constructed in green oak with a charming and unique glazed tiled floor created by the present owners
• There are presently 5 bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is divided into two areas with a double bedroom and a single bedroom area. If further bedroom accommodation is required, there is an attached outbuilding currently accessed from the garden, which could be entered from the main house to form another large double bedroom. There is a sink unit with hot and cold water and central heating, so a shower room could be introduced and create a separate annexe
• Large laundry room
• Principal bedroom has dressing area, ensuite bathroom with bath and separate shower
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, cloakroom, study, laundry room, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (to include 2 ensuites), attached outbuilding (could be an annexe/office), car port for 2 cars, single garage.
Gardens: There are well-maintained lawns which sweep down to a pond with paddocks beyond, and over 100 metres of River Pang frontage. The gardens have herbaceous borders on two sides, with rockeries. There is a productive vegetable and fruit garden, with asparagus beds, fruit cages and raised beds. A fabulous hornbeam hedge was planted some years ago which protects this side of the garden, acting as a wind break to the vegetable garden.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 3.3 acres / 1.3 hectares (approx.)
Local facilities: Hampstead Norreys is a small picturesque village in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty amidst the lovely Berkshire Downs. The Icknield Way offers very pretty walks and runs to Goring and Streatley. It is noted for its wonderful village pub, The White Hart, serving good food.
There is a large village hall with excellent facilities, looking out over a football pitch, a cricket pitch and children's play area.
Yattendon village has the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, and what is now one of the most important focal points of village life at Yattendon; The Village Stores and Post Office, providing a wide range of convenience foods for local residents including produce from Vicars Game, West Berkshire Brewery and The Wineman. Yattendon has a thriving community and a popular tennis club.
Everington Farm is positioned with convenient road links to the A34, M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There is a choice of train stations within easy reach: Goring, Didcot, Pangbourne, Thatcham and Theale. It is a short drive from the market town of Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 10 minutes' drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist independent shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre and dentists.
Schools: The property is within the catchment area for the highly sought after 'The Downs' School at Compton and within walking distance of the highly regarded Hampstead Norreys C of E Primary school. Within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel's Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
From Hampstead Norreys, with the White Hart pub (RG18 0TB) on your left, follow the road up the hill, then take the road to the right signposted 'Yattendon/Frilsham'. Follow the road for 0.7 mile, and at a crossroads, with a signpost to the left 'Yattendon/Pangbourne/Reading', turn right into a single width farm track. Everington Farm will be found at the end of the track turning right into a 5-bar gate.
From Yattendon, with the Royal Oak (RG18 0UG), on your right, follow the Yattendon Road, signposted to 'Hampstead Norreys' for 1.2 miles. At a t-junction, go straight over the junction into a single width farm track. Everington Farm will be found at the end of the track turning right into a 5-bar gate.
Post Code: RG18 0TH
Services: Private bore hole water supply (shared with neighbour), sewage treatment plant (shared with neighbour), mains electricity, oil fired central heating/hot water.
High speed Gigaclear connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.