Lettings services and fees for Landlords (all inc. VAT unless stated).
Dudley Singleton & Daughter pride themselves on having a full-time experienced lettings team, who, together with the whole team, have un-rivalled local market knowledge.
We comprehensively market your property to the same high standards we do for our sales properties with a view to finding you the perfect tenant.
Your property will be showcased on the best property portals; Rightmove, On The Market, Country Life, and our own website, and tapping into our extensive database of prospective tenants
We operate a strict tenant selection process. We meet the prospective tenants during our accompanied viewings and put them through a comprehensive referencing process which checks their financial position, check for CCJs, Right to Rent, and fundamentally if they are who they say they are.
We never take on more rental properties than we can comfortably look after to maintain a high service level with regular inspections. Whether that is the number of properties, or their distance from our office. The entire team keeps an eye on all our rental properties for landlord’s peace of mind.
Services & Fees
Set-up fee £180
Set up There are 3 levels of service available to landlords;
Bronze - Find a tenant only
Dudley Singleton & Daughter will market your property, find a great tenant and do all the necessary paperwork, tenancy agreement, etc., right up until we check them in and hand them the keys. At that point you manage the property yourself until we check them out at the end of their tenancy. Full breakdown of bronze services further down the page.
Fee for this level of service is the equivalent of one month’s rent + VAT + additional fees as required
Silver – Find and tenant and rent collection only
Dudley Singleton & Daughter will carry out all the above services provided with our bronze service, and in addition, collect rental monies from tenants. Full breakdown of silver services further down the page.
Fee for this level of service is 12% of the gross rent + additional fees as required
Gold – Full management of the property
Dudley Singleton & Daughter will find a tenant, collect rental monies and fully manage the property on your behalf. Full breakdown of gold services further down the page.
Fee for this level of service is 18% of the gross rent + additional fees as required
Here is a more comprehensive breakdown of our service levels;
Bronze – find a tenant only
- Market your property – photos, brochure, portal listings
- Legal requirements as required; EPC, EICR, Gas Safety, chimneys swept, etc. (see additional fees)
- Accompanied viewings
- Negotiate offers
- Carry out comprehensive tenant referencing & Right to Rent checks (see additional fees)
- Prepare the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Organise the full independent inventory by a 3rd party (see additional fees)
- Check the tenants into the property, hand over keys, take meter readings (see additional fees)
- Advise the council tax office of new tenants and start dates
- Collect the first month’s rent and deposit, crediting this to your account, fees will be deducted
- Submit the tenant’s deposit to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for safekeeping for the duration of the tenancy
- Negotiate renewal, prepare and submit documentation (see additional fees)
Silver – Rent Collection
All of the services provided through our Bronze service plus:
- Provide Tenant with method of payment
- Receive and remit rent, deducting commission and any pre-tenancy contractor invoices
- Make any necessary HMRC deduction
- Prepare regular statements
Gold - Our full management service
Designed to give you complete peace of mind, our property management service is the perfect solution for landlords who do not have time to deal with the day-to-day management of their property, or are abroad.
All of the services provided through our Bronze and Silver services plus:
- Inspections carried out every 4 months to ensure your property is being well cared for and we create a report with photographs of our findings to you
- Organise quotes for repairs and any subsequent visits required, using our small circle of approved contractors, settling their invoices from rent received
- Manage any visits under Homecare cover
- Holding keys throughout the tenancy
- Ensure gas safety certificates are renewed before their expiry
- Negotiate and set up tenancy extensions
- Renegotiate rents as and when applicable
- Arrange to end tenancies, including organising the check-out appointment
- Deposit return negotiations (excluding any disputes)
- Advise on refurbishments required
Additional fees for landlords.
We use an independent inventory company to compile our inventory reports which ensure complete transparency when performing the agent accompanied check in and check out.
The comprehensive inventory is compiled by an accredited external company to ensure impartiality. It is a detailed room by room report with photographic evidence, signed by the tenants at the start of the tenancy to agree the condition of the property.
1-2 bedrooms £150
3-4 bedrooms £200
5+ bedrooms POA
The price covers ‘standard’ properties, much larger/ non-standard properties and those which are furnished/part-furnished, will be charged an additional fee.
Check in & Check out of the tenants by Singleton & Daughter.