- Center of the village
- Superb family accommodation
- 5 bedrooms/ 3 bath/shower rooms
- Garden office
- Beautiful period house with flexible accommodation
- Walk to all village amenities, schools and station
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
- Garage/ parking
- Fitted to a high standard retaining its period charm and quality
Easy walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes' drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
2,541 sq ft / 236 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid Victorian 5 double bedroom, 3 bathrooms, detached house, within the heart of this pretty Thames side period village. Occupying an important corner position in the highly sought-after Thames Avenue, with a large attached garage and parking outside garage, overlooking and with access to the Pangbourne Meadows, the River Thames and playing fields.
This property has undergone substantial improvement and extension over recent times and is in marvellous order throughout.
The gardens to the front and rear are secluded and private with high hedges and fencing, The rear garden is approximately 90ft long, with well-maintained lawns, shrubberies, rose beds, fruit tree, and a large walled paved area which is a natural sun trap. Bi-fold doors open from the kitchen/breakfast room onto a raised decked terrace, with a further patio area for summer dining.
There is paved access from the patio area to the office building and the large garage which both have power and lighting. The garage has access from the road, with parking outside the garage, exclusively for use by 11 Thames Avenue.
Easy level walking distance to the village primary school, a fabulous selection of specialist shops, health centre, pubs and restaurants. The station is a 5-minute walk and gives fast commuter links to London Paddington.
* Tremendous attention has been paid to preserving the original features of this charming Victorian house to include the large bay windows to the dining room, TV room and sitting room
* The large kitchen/breakfast room with its high ceilings is a fine addition to the accommodation, with bi-fold doors opening onto a terrace for summer dining, and a further terrace for BBQs in summer. This area is very bright and light, with underfloor heating
* The kitchen is comprehensively fitted with an extensive range of modern cupboards and drawers, fitted dishwasher, pot drawers, a splendid Rangemaster Toledo 5 ring, 2 oven/grill cooking range, with Rangemaster stainless steel and glass cooker hood over
* Sitting room has an open fire on a slate hearth flanked by fitted bookshelves and cupboards
* Dining room has an open fireplace fitted with coal effect fire and stripped pine flooring
* The original Victorian staircase winds gracefully to the first floor, and a further staircase has been introduced to gain access to the second floor, which is a recent luxurious addition to the accommodation, and holds the principal bedroom suite
* Principal bedroom has double glazed French doors with Juliet glazed safety balcony, a large dressing area with built in wardrobes and a luxuriously fitted modern shower room with under floor heating. Both the bedroom and shower room have splendid views over the meadows to the Thames
* The new front door and the rear door have the original pretty coloured leaded glass, typical of the Victorian period
* The hall has walnut flooring
* There are bi-fold doors between the sitting room and TV/play room
* Ground floor reception room windows all have plantation shutters
* First floor windows are replacement timber sash windows in keeping with the period
* All the bathroom/shower rooms have been refitted of recent times to a high specification
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, TV/play room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 5 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms, to include ensuite and dressing room to principal bedroom. Garden office. Garage.
Gardens: Private and secluded gardens to both front and rear. The rear garden has a large well-maintained lawn, three seating areas for BBQs and summer dining, shrubberies, rose beds, fruit tree, a Wendy house, garden office with power and lighting.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue and number 11 will be found at the end of the road, the last property on the left-hand side on the corner.
Post Code: RG8 7BU
Services: All mains including gas. Zoned central heating, boiler & hot water cylinder replaced 2 years ago. Water softener. Underfloor heating in the kitchen/breakfast room and ensuite. House was completely re-wired in 2008
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.