- Fabulous rural views front and rear
- The Downs School catchment
- Wonderful village community
- Superb 27' kitchen/ sitting room
- Garage and off road parking for 4 cars
- Good sized gardens with paddock to the rear
- Walk to community shop and pub
- Excellent primary and secondary schools
- Enormous potential with planning permission in place to create 5 bedrooms
- Spacious rooms throughout
Within the catchment for The Downs School.
Walking distance to the village shop & café, primary school & pub ● Pangbourne village & train station 8 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● Thatcham train station 8 miles ● M4 (jct 13) 5 miles ● M4 (jct 12) 10 miles (all distances and timings approximate)
2,562 sq ft / 238 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to approx. 0.62 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A delightful, detached 3 bedroom modern country house of immense charm and character. Set on high ground in a private and very secluded position, enjoying fantastic views over the rooftops of Hampstead Norreys and into the distance.
Treetops has been individually constructed by the present owners to a very high specification some 17 years ago, and has been scrupulously maintained during their family occupation.
The interior is as attractive and interesting as the exterior. This is a very light property with large windows to enjoy the wonderful views. The property offers tremendous potential for further enlargement of the existing accommodation. Planning permission has been granted for a two-storey front and side extension to create a large annexe with a bedroom, bathroom, large kitchen/living room and basement.
There is planning permission granted for two ancillary parking spaces and an electric charging point along the track which gives access to the rear of the property and lies to the right-hand side of the White Hart pub. This track is owned by Treetops, and allows further access for pedestrians and agricultural vehicles to the rear gardens.
Treetops enjoys a south westerly aspect to the high-level terrace to the front of the property, with a large area for tables and chairs, wonderful for summer dining.
The property is within walking distance of the sought after and highly rated primary school, village community shop, café, post office, hairdressers, beauticians, church, and the public house. There is a large village hall with excellent facilities, looking out over a football field, a cricket pitch and children's play area. Hampstead Norreys is noted for its wonderful village pub, The White Hart, serving good food.
* Magnificent large kitchen/dining room, expensive modern two oven two ring electric AGA, fitted electric oven, 4 ring ceramic hob with extractor over, granite working surfaces, 1½ bowl sink unit with waste disposal unit, dishwasher, fridge freezer, island prep table, fitted wine racks, ceramic tiled flooring, old red brick open log fire with canopy, room for a 10 seater dining table, French doors lead to the sun terrace
* Sitting room with wonderful views, access to the sun terrace, feature stone fireplace and mantle, working open log fire
* Utility room with range of high and low level cupboards, ceramic 1½ bowl sink unit, plumbing for washing machine and vent for tumble dryer, room for upright fridge freezer, doors to garden and terrace with steps leading up to the rear lawns
* Fine oak joinery to doors throughout
* Principal bedroom enjoys fantastic south westerly views and is spacious with fitted wardrobes, walk in wardrobe, very high quality ensuite bathroom with shower
* Two double bedrooms have wonderful views, one with an ensuite shower room
* Family bathroom is beautifully fitted and has a bath with thermostatic shower
* All ceilings throughout the property are high
* Loft ladder access to a fully carpeted loft, which is a great storage area running almost the width of the building, with possible potential for conversion to further accommodation
* The terrace to the front has a small plunge pool to one side
1. Vendor will leave a small 4x4 utility truck which is registered as agricultural, and this is allowed to proceed to the rear garden for carrying shopping
2. If building works were carried out, there is permission for the agricultural track to be used by construction vehicles.
3. West Berkshire Planning Permission: 20/01914/FUL.
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, study, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, 3 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 ensuite), cloakroom, boiler room, utility room. Single garage at street level.
Gardens: The gardens to the front are very attractive, beautifully landscaped on a multi-level, with lawned areas, and borders planted with all manner of mature plants and shrubs creating year-round colour.
Immediately to the rear is a large lawned area. Reached by steps from a paved terrace and there is a right of way leading from a footpath to the side of the property to the fields beyond
Single garage with light and power located at street level, with road access with parking for one car.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.62 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: Hampstead Norreys is a small picturesque village in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty amidst the lovely Berkshire Downs. The Icknield Way offers very pretty walks and runs to Goring and Streatley.
There is a large village hall with excellent facilities, looking out over a football field, a cricket pitch and children's play area.
Hampstead Norreys is positioned with convenient road links to the A34, M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There is a choice of train stations within easy reach: Goring, Didcot, Pangbourne, Thatcham and Theale. It is a short drive from the market town of Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak, an excellent post office and village store.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 10 minutes' drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists and hairdressers.
Schools: The property is within the catchment area for the highly sought after 'The Downs' School at Compton and within walking distance of the highly regarded Hampstead Norreys C of E Primary school. Within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel's Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Directions. Upon arriving at Hampstead Norreys, with the White Hart pub on your left, proceed up Forge Hill a short distance. Opposite the cream-coloured Old Bakehouse building, there is a driveway, and the right-hand garage and parking space in front of this belong to the property. Please park on the road, a little further along from the corner for viewings.
To the left of the drive is a path with a public footpath sign, follow this path up to the property. Pass a property called The Gables, turn immediately turn right through a picket gate with a Treetops sign on it.
Post Code: RG18 0TE
Services: Mains water, electricity, mains drainage, underfloor water fed heating to ground floor, radiators to first floor, oil fired boiler, electric AGA, water softener, Megaflo, high speed broadband, full security alarm system.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.