- 2 Bedroom ground floor apartment
- Modern fully fitted kitchen
- Entry phone system giving access
- Private walled courtyard garden/ enjoying a sunny aspect
- Walk into the village/ shops/ station
- First class order with new flooring.
- Two bath/shower rooms
- Allocated parking space
- No onward chain
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to shops, schools, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
706 sq ft / 66 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive 2 bedroom ground floor apartment. Occupying an important corner position overlooking well-maintained gardens to the front and enjoying a walled private courtyard garden. The courtyard to the rear is private to number 5 Saxon Place and is accessed from the flat and also accessed via an outside gate. The courtyard enjoys a sunny aspect. New flooring throughout and recently redecorated.
Constructed in 2004 by the well-known developer Hicks Developments Ltd.
The property is set within the heart of the village within easy walking distance of shops, schools, buses, pubs, restaurant and train station giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
• The property is in first class order, recently refitted with new extra heavy domestic wear carpets and Solid rustic Oak flooring
• Modern kitchen, fitted with gas hob, extractor over, oven under, space for fridge, room for washing machine
• Walled private courtyard garden to the rear with garden store
• Highly insulated, primary double-glazed windows, and gas fired central heating
• Naturally stained and polished wood panel doors throughout
• Megaflo pressurised water system
• Entry phone system giving access to a communal reception hall
• Allocated and numbered parking space
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, inner hall giving access to all rooms, spacious and light kitchen/living room with bay window and window overlooking the rear courtyard, part ceramic tiled/ part solid rustic oak flooring, 2 bedrooms both with solid rustic oak flooring, ensuite shower room to the main bedroom, and further family bathroom.
• This is a long leasehold property; 125 years from 1st January 2004
• Current annual ground rent: £125
• Saxon Place Management Company service charge: £1,040 per annum
• Maintenance contract in place for central heating and hot water system supplied by gas boiler
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading and the upcoming Crossrail offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, follow this road a short distance, passing a convenience store on your right and just after the Barber Shop on your left is Saxon Place.
Post Code: RG8 7HX
Tenure: Leasehold (see note).
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band C
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.