- Gig a clear ultra fast fibre broadband available
- 5 Double bedrooms
- Large kitchen/dining room
- Superb condition throughout
- Only a few minutes drive from Pangbourne village
- Character detached family house
- 3 En suites and family bathroom
- Secluded southerly aspect garden
- Peaceful location
- Det garage and ample parking
Pangbourne shops & train station 5 minutes' drive ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 12 miles ● M4 (Junction 12) 5 miles (all distances and times are approximate)
2,264 sq ft / 210 m²
Gardens extending to 0.20 acre.
(all measurements are approximate)
An attractive 5 double bedroom detached family house originally constructed in the 1950s with some later additions. Set within the heart of generous gardens, enjoying the south westerly sun. This is a peaceful and secluded village location noted for its rural tranquillity.
Only a few minutes' drive to Pangbourne's shops, train station and amenities.
Elmcroft has been the subject of considerable refurbishment and modernisation of recent years and is in excellent condition throughout.
The property is within walking distance to the village pub and primary school and is set on a peaceful lane well away from the main access lane which runs through the heart of the village.
The accommodation is well fitted, beautifully maintained to a high standard with a tremendous flow.
• Large fully fitted kitchen/living room with French doors onto the garden
• Kitchen fitted with a comprehensive range of high and low level white painted cupboard and drawer units with hard wood working surfaces, fitted dishwasher, fitted ceramic butlers sink, fitted Schott Cearn cooking range with three ovens, 5 ring gas hob with a stainless steel extractor over and fitted fridge freezer
• All the bedrooms are doubles
• A guest suite/bedroom 5 to the ground floor with shower room
• The reception hall has pretty golden oak plank flooring
• The sitting room has the original highly polished golden oak parquet flooring and open fireplace with oak surround and mantle
• Many of the doors throughout the property are original
• High hedges to all boundaries giving total seclusion and privacy
• French doors giving access on the southern elevation to a balcony from bedroom 4
This is a wonderful family house with lots of character.
Summary of accommodation: Reception Hall, drawing room, family room, music room/study, cloakroom, large kitchen/living room, utility room, bedroom 5 to ground floor with ensuite shower room, large landing, 4 further bedrooms, 2 ensuite shower rooms, family bathroom. Single detached garage with hard standing for a further car and lots of car parking (plenty of space to build further garaging if required subject to planning permission), concealed from the gardens by high hedges.
Gardens: The gardens are secluded and spacious and surround the property on all sides, with privacy afforded by high hedges and mature trees. Gardens mainly laid to lawn. Summer dining area, gravelled courtyard. log store.
Gardens extending to 0.20 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: Upper Basildon village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year and is a focal point for the thriving community. The village recreational ground has a football club, an excellent tennis club and children's play area. The Upper Basildon Farmer's Market is held in the village hall on Saturday once a month
There is a large livery yard for the equestrian enthusiast with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor & outdoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, and 9 hole golf course. There are many golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities, and a splendid selection of specialist shops including; a butcher, bakery, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. There are farm shops at Tidmarsh and Ashampstead. Pangbourne train station gives commuter access to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon C of E Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes driving distance, as are Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance.
There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass the front of The Copper Inn Hotel, and turn first right. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill and at a sigh post just after the entrance to Pangbourne College directing you to Upper Basildon, turn right. Proceed along this road until you see the village green in front of you and take the right fork. Pass the village green on your left and The Beehive pub on your right and two large modern houses on the left-hand side. A short distance along there is a large modern Tudor style house on the right, take the next drive on the right, this is Elmcroft.
Services: Mains water, electricity & mains drainage, LPG gas central heating.
Post code: RG8 8LS
Local authority & tax band: West Berkshire, Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk www.onthemarket,com
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.