- Detached modern individual character house
- 2 Bathrooms
- Double glazed windows throughout
- Large well maintained gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- 5 Bedrooms
- Spacious kitchen/breakfast room
- High ceilings and large windows
- Double & single detached garages and ample parking.
Pangbourne 9 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Reading / Newbury 8 miles ● Theale Station 7 miles (all mileages/distance are approximate)
2,405 sq ft / 224 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.35 acres / 0.14 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A handsome 5 bedroom detached modern house of character. Set at the end of a long private drive, centred within its plot, enjoying very beautiful gardens on all sides overlooking attractive woodland.
Individually designed and constructed to high standards in the 1980s, whilst the majority of Hatch Close was built in the 1970s. Southwick has been the subject of a great deal of improvement of recent times, including the bathrooms.
It is very unusual to find an individual modern country house centred in its plot providing wonderful county walks within easy access.
Southwick is within walking distance of the Blackbird Café, the well regarded Bladebone pub and restaurant, and a doctor`s practice.
● This is an unusually spacious family house, with high ceilings and large windows giving lots of natural light
● The sitting room has a pretty log fire fitted with a Jetmaster wood burning stove and bi-fold doors opening onto the sun terrace, perfect for summer dining
● The kitchen/breakfast room is large and well-fitted with a Siemens double oven, 4 ring ceramic hob with stainless steel extractor over, dishwasher, Zanussi fridge/freezer, 1½ bowl sink with drainer and mixer taps and large windows overlooking the rear gardens. There is plenty of room for a table and chairs which could easily seat 6
● The dining room is spacious and if so desired could be used as a children`s play room
● The first floor landing is large with windows overlooking the gardens
● There are 5 bedrooms, 4 of which are of double size
● Bedroom 1 has a large ensuite shower room,
● The family bathroom is modern and well fitted
● Primary double glazing throughout
● To the rear, there are large well maintained landscaped gardens with lawns and flowerbeds and a loggia with a grape vine and sun terrace with access from the sitting room
● To the front of the property there is a wide gravel forecourt which can take parking for a number of cars, a detached double and a detached single garage, there are well-maintained lawns and flowerbeds with an ancient and majestic oak tree to one boundary on the westerly side
● There is plenty of potential for extension and alteration of the existing accommodation if so desired
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, sitting room, dining room, cloakroom, large kitchen/breakfast room, study, 5 bedrooms, 1 presently used as a second study, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, oil fired central heating.
Gardens and grounds: Well-maintained lawns, flower beds, a loggia with grape vine on a summer dining terrace, mature trees and a detached double and detached single garage to the front where there is a gravel drive providing lots of parking.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.35 acres / 0.14 hectares.
Local facilities: This area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs, just down the road is The Bladebone pub with an excellent restaurant, there is also a lovely tea room serving a fine range of cakes and snacks; The Blackbird Cafe. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office and general store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes` drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pub, The Old Boot Inn.
The village of Bucklebury, which is mentioned in the Doomsday Book, is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour`s drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak, an excellent Post Office, large general store and a hairdresser.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 15 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, pass over the mini roundabout, pass out of the village, cross over the M4 and turn right signposted to Bradfield. Pass Bradfield College, at the T-junction with the War Memorial on your left, turn right. Drive through Bradfield Southend and onto the Avenue of Oaks, pass the turning to the left to Beenham, continue along The Avenue and just before the Bladebone pub and the Blackbird Café turn left into Chapel Row, a short distance down turn left into Hatch Lane and proceed right to the end. At the far end turn right and proceed down the long gravel drive and there is a sign in the hedge which says Southwick (number 16).
Post Code: RG7 6NZ
Services: Mains water, electricity, drainage, oil fired central heating, Gigaclear connection.
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.