- Detached 4 bedroom bungalow
- Large sitting room with open fireplace
- Single garage, off road parking, unrestricted road parking
- Recent refurbishment and lots of potential
- Double glazing throughout
- Close to amenities and train station
Reading 3 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 6 miles ● Pangbourne 3 miles (all distances approximate)
1,519 sq ft / 141 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Situated in a peaceful tree-lined road, this is a late 1960s detached 4 bedroom bungalow in good order throughout. Attractively constructed of brick and stone under a tiled roof, within easy driving distance of Tilehurst train station, Waitrose, local shops and the Tilehurst triangle shopping facilities.
There is tremendous potential within this property for redesign, or redevelopment and/or extension subject to local authority planning permission.
The property has been the subject of recent refurbishment and modernisation.
● The spacious sitting room with wood block flooring an open fireplace constructed in stone surround and hearth
● The dining room with double French doors giving directly access to the rear garden
● Kitchen/breakfast room has been completely refitted of recent times to include a Samsung 4 ring electric hob, with oven and grill oven, Hotpoint stainless steel cooker hood over, Baumatic dishwasher and Hotpoint fridge, wide working surfaces, lots of beech fronted cupboards and drawers, stainless steel sink unit with draining board and mixer tap
● Separate breakfast area to kitchen
● Refitted cloakroom
● Large airing cupboard with modern Vaillant gas fired boiler and high pressure cylinder immersion heater giving a pressurised water system throughout the property
● 3 double bedrooms and a single bedroom
● Full replacement double glazed windows throughout
● Single garage, off road parking for 2 cars, unrestricted road parking for guests if required
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, 4 bedrooms, cloakroom, bathroom, attached utility room with door to single garage with up and over door.
Gardens: Front garden bounded by a mature hedge and lawn. Rear garden with mature trees and well maintained lawns.
Local facilities: A short driving distance down the Reading Road is Tilehurst train station, giving fast train connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. There is an excellent Waitrose just along the road at Tilehurst and Pangbourne has a wonderful centre full of shops, health centre, dentists, specialist shops, excellent restaurants and pubs.
Reading town centre is approximately 3 miles away and there is a regular bus service along the Oxford to Reading road, the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 6 miles.
The Arthur Newbery Park is very close by and offers a superb green space, great for recreation, dog walkers and a playground for younger children.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area to include; Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School, Denefield secondary school, Little Heath secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Queen Anne`s, Moulsford Preparatory School, Reading School and Kendrick school.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and immediately left at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout and out of the village towards Reading (A329). Cross over the next roundabout and through a set of traffic lights. At the next roundabout take first left. Pass Tilehurst station on your left and at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit. Pass a row of shops of your left and take first right into Oak Tree Road. Proceed up the hill. At the crossroads, turn left into Armour Hill Road. The property will be found a short distance down on the left hand side.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage
Post Code: RG31 6JS
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: Reading Borough Council. Band E
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.