- Detached period cottage
- Village centre location
- Original fireplaces
- Good size south facing gardens
- Two bedrooms
- Garage and off road parking
- Views to the church
Within 1 minutes level walk to Pangbourne village centre ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive
(all distances/times are approximate)
1,082 sq ft / 100 m² Garden 0.12 acres / 0.05 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A delightful period detached cottage set in the heart of this wonderful Thameside village. One of the few surviving examples of early 17th century village properties of immense architectural interest. Listed Grade II, with good sized south facing gardens and overlooking the fine ancient church St James the Less which was constructed in 1866 and is certainly the second if not the third church on this site from a charter dating back to 1175.
There is quite obviously immense potential for further improvement and subject to listed planning approval taking out of the modern floor in the kitchen and lowering the floor as at present there is a restricted head height in this pretty beamed room.
The gardens are delightful and have been tended with care over many years by the present family who have occupied the property until just recently from 1979.
Originally two cottages, Blue Daws could be a wonderful second home or, with some modernisation, a primary residence.
● The two front receptions rooms have excellent ceiling heights, exposed beams to the ceiling
● Both reception rooms have original fireplaces neither of which are presently used, but could be restored for use if so desired
● The double bedrooms to the first floor have excellent ceiling heights and also have pretty views of the fine St James The Less church with its clock tower which is dated 1769
● Bedroom 1 on the first floor has an ensuite WC and hand basin, the main bathroom is on the ground floor
● Both the first floor bedrooms have doors giving access to under eaves storage rooms and both these little rooms which have restricted head heights have windows
● The garden with its vegetable plot, greenhouse, garden stores, lawns, fruit trees and herbaceous borders will be a delight in all seasons and enjoy a southerly aspect to the rear so enjoy lots of sun
● There is side access on both sides of the property with vehicular access on the right hand side and car parking with the entrance to the garage which has a remote up and over door
Summary of accommodation: Two reception rooms, rear lobby, bathroom, kitchen, two double bedrooms to first floor, two storage rooms with windows and ensuite WC and hand basin to master bedroom, range of fitted wardrobes in the second bedroom, single detached garage plus car parking within the drive, tool shed, greenhouse, modern garden store.
Gardens and grounds: Delightful gardens with vegetable plot, greenhouse, garden stores, lawns, fruit trees and herbaceous borders enjoying a south facing aspect. Gardens extending to 0.12 acres / 0.05 hectares.
Local facilities and schools: Pangbourne is a wonderful Thameside period village with a mainline train station, buses, schools and library, an extensive selection of independent shops, dentists, hairdressers, butcher, cheese shop, doctors` practice, pubs and fine restaurants. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance and Pangbourne station gives commuter access to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington, if so desired. Excellent schools are to hand with Pangbourne College just up the road; Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School. Walking distance to the Pangbourne Primary School, which has foundation stage 1 and within the catchment area for Theale Green School (with school bus stops in the village).
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout and turn immediately right up Pangbourne Hill. Blue Daws will be found after a short distance on the left hand side. Park on the drive.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Post Code: RG8 7AS
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Council. Band D.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.