- Approx 0.6 Acres/0.24 hectares
- Currently 1640 sq ft Bungalow on the site.
- 190 ft/65 m road frontage
- Development potential subject to local authority planning permission
Pangbourne shops & station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles (all distances are approximate)
1,640 sq ft / 152 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.6 acres / 0.24 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
High definition aerial video of the site - to view click on the `Virtual Tour` button next to `Floor plan` button.
Description: One of the most beautiful locations in Upper Basildon, situated at the beginning of the little used Blandy`s Lane, bounded to the rear and the right by pastureland with woodland in the distance.
Pamber Green is a 1950`s detached bungalow with approximate frontage to the lane of 190ft/65m. In need of modernisation and refurbishment, with an attached single garage and a further double detached garage
This is a splendid opportunity for a complete redesign, redevelopment and extension of the present bungalow subject to local authority planning permission.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a development plot in one of the most valuable and sought after villages in this part of the world, enjoying a secluded and semi-rural location.
● The wonderful location with access from the peaceful Blandy`s Lane
● An outstanding and very beautiful plot
● The wonderful rural views
● Two vehicular accesses from the road. One to a single garage attached to the property and a further access to a detached large garage
Approximate plot size
42 metres / 126 ft in depth
50 metres / 150 ft in width on the southern boundary
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, WC accessed from the garden, attached single garage, large detached garage.
Gardens and grounds: Extending to 0.6 acres / 0.24 hectares.
Local facilities and schools: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular Farmer`s Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne with its schools, library, dentists, hair salons, doctors` practice, a wonderful selection of independent shops, a supermarket, pubs and fine restaurants. Pangbourne train station gives good commuter access to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon C of E Primary School is within walking distance, Theale Green School has a bus service for collection and delivery in Pangbourne, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes driving distance, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout and turn right just past The Elephant Hotel at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill and just past Pangbourne College entrance, turn right signposted Upper Basildon. Proceed along this road until you pass the church on your right and fork right. Proceed along this road with the green on your left, keeping to the right hand side and eventually you will enter Blandys Lane. Go past Mead Lane on your right and the property will shortly be found shortly on the left.
Services: mains water, electricity and mains drainage
Post Code: RG8 8PG
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire. Tax Band F.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.