- 18th Century village house
- Two bathrooms
- Pretty secluded gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662.
- Four bedrooms
- Excellent ceiling heights and lage sash windows
- Ample parking and single garage
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes` walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances approximate)
1,634 sq ft / 152 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive 3 storey 4 bedroom attached period property with lots of character. High red brick walls screen the house from the high street and there is an in/out driveway with parking immediately to the front of the property and also to the rear where there is parking for several cars and the garaging can be found.
This deceptively spacious self-contained wing of Whitchurch House has attractive family accommodation full of character. Whitchurch House is an 18th century, Grade II listed property built in the Georgian style and first documented in the will of the Reverend Samuel Walker, rector of Whitchurch.
The property has pretty gardens which include a patio to the front and secluded, very private sunny landscaped gardens to the rear, with a sun terrace, well maintained lawn, shrubberies, pretty red brick paths, a rear decking area for summer dining and a gate giving access to the rear parking and garage.
Whitchurch-on-Thames has long been noted as one of the most exclusive and sought after Thames villages and this property is within easy walking distance of the River Thames and the vibrant period village of Pangbourne with its specialist shops, train station, pubs and restaurants. The property is also within easy walking distance of the highly regarded Whitchurch Primary School.
● Superb garden/dining room with direct access to the rear gardens by way of a pair of French doors and bi-fold doors and an attractive large lantern skylight flooding this part of the house with light
● Walk-through access into the sitting room with a pretty open fire and half panelled walls to one side
● Pretty breakfast room and kitchen
● Parquet flooring running through the breakfast room, hall and sitting room
● The master bedroom has a very attractive vaulted beamed ceiling and large modern ensuite shower room
● Bedroom accommodation is on 2 floors with 3 double bedrooms and a single bedroom and a good sized well fitted family bathroom with shower
● Typical of the period there are excellent ceiling heights all the way through and large sash windows giving the property lots of light
Summary of accommodation: Central hall area, cloakroom, breakfast room, sitting room garden/dining room, kitchen, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room, single garage, car parking to front and rear.
Gardens and grounds: Patio to the front, secluded, very private, sunny landscaped gardens to the rear, with a sun terrace and decking area. Well maintained lawn, shrubberies, pretty red brick paths and a gate to the private access driveway to rear parking and single garage.
Local facilities: Whitchurch House is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs between the villages and has riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has two fine character pubs in The Greyhound and Ferryboat. Just a few minutes` walk from the cottage is beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths and bridle paths.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School itself has an outstanding record.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, cross over the River Thames toll bridge and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, pass the Greyhound Inn on your right and the entrance to Whitchurch House will be found on the left hand side, please park on the street as parking at the front of the property is restricted to residents.
Post Code: RG8 7EP
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.