Pangbourne station 2 miles ● Reading 8 miles ● M4 (junc12) 5 miles
(all distances approximate)
Gigaclear super-fast broadband connected.
4,372 sq ft / 406 m²
Gardens, Grounds & paddocks of approximately 4.4 acres / 1.8 hectares
(All measurements are approximate)
Just completed, a splendid and unique 6 bedroom country house occupying a fine position on the outskirts of Pangbourne, overlooking its own gardens and land, extending to approximately 4.4 acres. Total refurbishment inside and out.
Bere Court Farm has been architect designed to create a luxurious light and spacious family house, with an attention to detail almost impossible to find today. Situated in a magnificent rural area with splendid far-reaching views over rolling countryside to the wooded hills in the distance.
The scene is set as you leave the highway which is a sleepy lane, and turn into the long driveway flanked by columns of ancient trees. This drive serves a small number of private residencies, and is a no-through road. There are two pairs of high hardwood remote control gates, one giving main access to the forecourt with its circular turnaround, the other giving access past the recently resurfaced tennis courts, directly to the paddocks.
It is hard to imagine a more tranquil, beautiful and sleepy rural location and yet only a few minutes driving distance to the centre of Pangbourne with its excellent facilities, schools, restaurants, riverside pubs and amenities.
• The fittings throughout are of the highest standard
• The property is substantially constructed of brick with the first-floor elevations Hardieplank clad which are maintenance free and have a guarantee
• The very high-quality windows and doors are manufactured by Origin, coated aluminium, primary double glazed and tilt and turn. The reception hall is spacious with a large window on the first floor flooding the whole area with light, and giving views over the surrounding woodland
• Sitting room with French doors which open into the garden room in engineered oak flooring, decoratively treated in wolf grey, sliding patio doors giving access to the extensive decked terrace
• The decked terrace extends right round the property and is accessed from the kitchen, garden room, and the sitting room, on the east, west and south sides of the property. Wonderful for entertaining and summer dining. Also taking full benefit of the fantastic far-reaching views over the gardens, grounds, and paddocks belonging to the property
• The dining room which might also be used as a play room also has engineered oak flooring, decoratively treated in wolf grey, and an open fireplace, fitted with a Stovex wood burner, and is directly accessed from the kitchen/living room
• Sitting room has windows on 3 sides taking full advantage of wonderful views, with a centrally positioned fireplace with stone surround on a slate hearth, fitted with a Stovex wood burner
• Both the kitchen and garden room have multi-fold doors opening onto the terrace
• Kitchen living room is a wonderful area and the hub of the house, with lots of space for family dining with an island fitted with drawers, wine fridge and can be used as a breakfast bar if required. All the worksurfaces to the kitchen are in quartz Calaca TTA Greco. Surface mounted AEG ceramic induction hob, fitted AEG twin ovens, microwave, grilling oven. The ovens are linked to wifi for full control by an absent owner. AEG Dynamicar full height fridge and AEG full height freezer. Pot drawers, pantry cupboards, AEG dishwasher
* Separate utility room cupboard with controls for the CCTV to the exterior, underfloor heating on the ground floor, Tempest heat pump – supplying pressurised hot water to all the bathrooms
* Heating system is Hive controlled
* Heating is fuelled by a Pure Green air source heat pump system
* Heating is zoned into ground floor, first floor and bedroom 6
* Every room has Cat 6 cabling connection
* First floor bedroom 6 could be used as a gym or an office, with desktop high points and internet connection. This room also has a glazed Juliet balcony and an ensuite shower room and dressing area with access from a second staircase and a door to the exterior which might enable this room to be used as a separate annexe if so desired
* The major bedrooms on the first floor are accessed from the gracefully winding staircase from the reception hall to a large landing. A number of bedrooms having fitted wardrobes
* Principal bedroom has a large Juliet balcony giving the most wonderful views over the surrounding countryside, with a separate large shower room and a further fitted dressing room
* The large attached double garage is another interesting feature, with roll back electric Doormatic doors, with painted floor, fully plastered to walls and ceilings, with twin windows over looking the gardens and might, if required be the subject of conversion for accommodation, or used as a gym as there is plenty of space to relocate the garaging to another area just off the drive, subject to LAPP
Note; entrance gates, reception hall lighting, heating, CCTV and security system, and kitchen ovens can all be controlled by an App on mobile devices.
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, kitchen/living room, dining room/play room, utility room, cloakroom, 6 bedrooms, 3 ensuite bathroom/shower rooms, family bathroom.
Gardens: Very large gardens with new hard tennis court, paddocks, loose boxes, lawns, mature trees and shrubberies
The front forecourt has a winding brick edged gravel drive with a central island, flanked by wonderful mature trees, high close board fencing and electric gates giving access and security from the driveway from the lane.
Gardens are mainly laid to lawn with lots of mature trees and shrubs. To one side a newly resurfaced hard tennis court and the boundary to the paddocks is post and rail with water laid on and twin field shelters.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 4.4 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, the Thames Path, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP, and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens and Basildon Park, a National Trust property surrounded by 400 acres of parkland, are both nearby.
There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area; Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
There is a first-class fitness centre at Bradfield College, which is open to membership, with a very fine indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts, indoor tennis courts and 9-hole golf course. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury's are within easy driving distance, and there are excellent farm shops nearby.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City.
Schools: Bere Court Farm is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Within easy driving distance are; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter, proceed over the mini roundabout passing the front of The Elephant hotel, turn right at St James the Less church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill, pass the entrance to Pangbourne College on the left, stay on this road.
Turn left into the lane signposted to St Andrews School, proceed down this lane, passing the entrance to the school on the right.
Further along this lane, on the left, there is a cream painted wall with name plate South Lodge, there are also signposts to Bere Court Lodge and Bere Court Farm & Paddock.
Turn left into this private driveway, do not turn into the first entrance on the right signposted Bere Court Farm Paddock, but continue to the gates signposted Bere Court Farm.
Note : Virtual room staging photography to the following rooms kitchen/ living room, sitting room, dining room, garden room, Bedroom 1 & 6
Post Code: RG8 8HT
Services: Heating and hot water supplied by air source heat pump, septic tank drainage, estate water supply, electricity. Gigaclear super-fast broadband connected.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band H.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.