- A 4 bedroom spacious semi detached Victorian property set
- Set in a very pretty location overlooking woodland and open countryside to the front
- Stunning kitchen/ living room
- Detached home office, plus work shop
- 28 ft principal bedroom with large dressing room and very spacious en suite
- Tasteful decor and stylish interior throughout
- Good sized gardens
- 17'7 sitting room
- Large utility/ store
- Light & bright accommodation throughout
Thatcham train station 3 miles ● Newbury 4.5 miles ● Reading: 14 miles ● Pangbourne: 11 miles ● M4 (j. 13) 5 miles
1,954 sq ft / 182 m²
Gardens & Grounds extend to 0.21 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 4 bedroom semi-detached Victorian Cottage, constructed in 1906, with some tasteful recent additions. Situated on The Ridge along the edge of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, within the desirable village of Cold Ash.
This is a very pretty house, well set back from the road overlooking wooded and open farmland to the front, with a very useful detached office overlooking the rear gardens.
Heather Cottage has been the subject of a thorough and tasteful modernisation and extension of recent times. Originally a pair of cottages, constructed in the Victorian period by a London family as their holiday homes, internally linked and used as one, although today they are two separate residencies.
Cold Ash is a well-regarded village with many amenities to include a small convenience shop/post office, two pubs, recreation fields, two well-regarded primary schools and Downe House, one of the leading independent girls' schools.
• The property is entered by large oak framed covered porch with a substantially oak glazed entrance door, to an impressive, large reception hall
• The spacious sitting room has a fireplace fitted with wood burning stove and a pretty bay window overlooking the front gardens
• Family room has French doors leading onto the rear terrace, perfect for summer dining. This room could easily be used as a bedroom as there is a nearby ground floor shower room
• Very attractive unusually spacious kitchen/living room with French doors opening to the rear terrace, with a dining area to one side and an open fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove
• The kitchen has a centrally positioned large island breakfast bar, with a fridge and freezer fitted under, a 3-ring induction hob with a stainless-steel chimney extractor above
• Detached garden office and workshop
• Natural oak planked flooring to the reception hall and sitting room
• Pretty original pine panelled polished doors
• Large cloakroom with modern shower
• Underfloor heating to the living room area of the kitchen, the first-floor landing and both first-floor bathrooms
• New bathrooms and shower room have all been built during the extension to a high standard of recent times
• Principal bedroom is spacious with a separate dressing area, large ensuite bathroom with double shower and double vanity
• Feature staircase built from a single oak tree
• All bedrooms are doubles
• Rear gardens have a large sun terrace and a separate decked entertaining area
• Store room with utility area and Worcester gas fired boiler, 2 years old
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, cloakroom with shower, sitting room, family room/bedroom 4, kitchen/living room with dining area, utility/store, 3 bedrooms to the first floor, dressing room and ensuite to bedroom 1, family bathroom, detached garden office/workshop.
Gardens: The front garden is mainly laid to lawn, with high hedges and a gravel parking area for 2-3 cars, with double 5 bar gates securing the access.
The rear gardens are approximately 70m in depth, mainly laid to lawn, with wonderful shrubberies, a profusion of rhododendrons and ancient oak trees on the boundary.
There is a terraced area accessed from both the kitchen/living room and family room, and a timber constructed building insulated with electric heating, an ideal office or ancillary accommodation. This building is sub divided and also has use as a workshop, all with power and lighting.
There is an additional decked seating area, and through a picket gate, a further large area with 3 timber garden stores.
Local facilities: Cold Ash is a well-regarded village with amenities including a shop/post office, two public houses, The Castle and The Spotted Dog. There is a village green with tennis courts, playground, cricket and football pitches. Much of the surrounding countryside is wooded providing excellent walking and riding trails.
The nearby market town of Newbury, boasts a comprehensive new shopping area, its famous racecourse and a range of amenities, including theatres, cinema, leisure/fitness centres, and a wide range of cafes, restaurants and bars. Also, Thatcham is a 5 minutes' drive with its many shops, including Waitrose.
The M4 and A34 are on the outskirts of the town, and give excellent access to London, the M25, Heathrow airport, and west towards Bristol and the southwest.
Rail links at nearby Thatcham, Theale and Newbury service London Paddington, and Reading will soon offer Crossrail inks to the City.
Excellent schools: There are two well-regarded primary schools and Downe House, one of the leading independent girls' schools, and within easy driving distance there is an excellent range of independent schools including St Andrews, Brockhurst and Marlston, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College and Elstree to name a few.
Directions: From Upper Bucklebury, pass the Cottage Inn on your right, pass Peaches Garage on your left, and a little further along the road forks, take the right-hand fork, Broad Lane, and continue for approx. 2 miles, looking for a For Sale sign and 5 bar gate on the left.
Post Code: RG18 9HZ
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas. Gigaclear ultra-fast fibre broadband connected.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.