- Refurbished single storey detached bungalow
- Three luxury bathrooms
- Woodburning stove
- Panoramic views
- Four bedrooms.Bedroom 5 currently used as a study
- Modern fitted kitchen
- Ample parking
2 miles from Pangbourne village centre & station ● M4 (junction 12) 7 miles ● Reading 8 miles ● Newbury 13 miles ● Easy access to Pangbourne and Goring stations with fast links to London Paddington
1,942 sq ft / 180 m² (all measurements and distances are approximate)
Bliss Lodge is a splendid 4/5 bedroom single storey detached house in immaculate order throughout and is a very attractive and elegant property. The surrounding countryside is noted for its rural beauty with lots of footpaths.
It is unusually spacious and beautifully fitted with large windows giving lots of light.
The views to the rear are spectacular; across the valley in which the River Thames lies, to the Chiltern Hills rising in the distance.
Set within the heart of the pretty village of Lower Basildon, only a few minutes driving distance from Streatley and Goring or Pangbourne village with their excellent shops.
● Tremendous far reaching panoramic views across the valley in which the River Thames lies, over to the wooded hillside rising in the distance
● Large reception hall
● Unusually large and light kitchen/living room with dining area
● Double sided fireplace fitted with a double sided Firebelly wood burning stove set on a slate hearth
● Fully fitted kitchen with large selection of high and low level cupboard and drawer units, central island unit with inset ceramic 4 ring hob unit with glass and stainless steel extractor over, Indesit microwave oven with grill, separate electric oven unit, dishwasher, fridge and freezer
● Oak plank effect vinyl flooring throughout the kitchen/living room and continuing into the sitting room
● Large windows and high ceilings throughout
● Double glazed throughout
● LPG gas fired central heating with high pressure water system
● Up to the minute luxury bathrooms and shower rooms
● Built in wardrobes
● Close boarding fencing to all boundaries
● A pair of 5 bar gates give access to the main frontage and car parking area
● Landscaped gardens to the rear with well-maintained lawns, stone laid sun terrace
● Walking distance to shop/garage
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, cloakroom, inner hall, utility room, kitchen/living room with dining area and open double sided fireplace fitted with double sided wood burning stove, walk through access to spacious sitting room which also enjoys the wood burning stove. 4 bedrooms, Bedroom 5 currently used as a study, 2 generous ensuite shower rooms, family bathroom with shower,
Gardens and grounds: Landscaped gardens, modern timber garden store, exterior lighting.
Local facilities and schools: There are lots of local schools within easy access including Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, Upper Basildon C of E Village Primary School, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House Girls` School, Moulsford Preparatory and Senior School for boys, Downe House Girls` School and The Oratory Preparatory and Senior School.
The village hall in Upper Basildon is only a short distance by car which has all sorts of activities during the year including a regular Farmers Market and adjacent to the village hall there is a good tennis club and a green with children`s playing area.
Pangbourne has a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pet shop, pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington which (approx 47 minutes). There are a number of golf courses within the area including Goring & Streatley Golf Club.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn right, proceed out of the village, in the direction of Streatley after passing Child Beale Wildlife Park on your right you will go through a set of traffic lights. Pass the National Trust Basildon Park entrance on your left and enter a 30 mph zone, opposite Park Wall Lane, turn right into The Orchids. Go past the newly built houses and Bliss Lodge is on the right hand side, with number 4 being in the far right hand corner.
Services: Mains electric, water and drainage. Propane gas for central heating.
Post Code: RG8 9NL
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire. Tax Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.