- Catchment for The Downs school
- Potential for extension/development (subject to LAPP)
- Walk to Streatley primary school
- Walk to village pub The Bull and Goring high street
- Semi-rural no-through road
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Catchment for The Downs School ● Easy walking distance to Streatley Primary School and village pub ● Goring shops, village hall, restaurants 15 minute walk ● Goring train station 0.9 mile ● Reading 10 miles (all distances/times are approximate)
1,248 sq ft / 65 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive detached 2 bedroom house, set in a very pretty, sleepy, semi-rural no through road. The property enjoys views to the rear over a working farm/ farmland and the hills rising in the distance and to the front, the wooded hillsides. Lots of potential (subject to LAPP)
Gatcombe Cottage has been kept in excellent order throughout its life and there is potential for further improvement and/or extension, to include the conversion of the integrated garage, subject to local authority planning permission. The property has been in the same family ownership since it was purchased in 1970.
The Coombe is within walking distance of the primary school, the local pub, The Bull and the Thameside Coppa Club restaurant, bar, hotel and members gym. Goring is within walking distance with its cafes and shops and the station offers easy access to Reading, London Paddington and Oxford.
* The kitchen breakfast room has an extensive range of high- and low-level cupboards, wide working surfaces, single bowl sink unit. Very large walk-in pantry and access door to the side entrance and the rear garden
* Sitting room with dining area is double aspect with large windows overlooking both front and rear
* The property has recently had replacement primary double-glazed windows,
* Both bedrooms are doubles and have fitted wardrobes
* Lots of under eaves storage to both bedrooms
Summary of accommodation:
Reception hall, sitting room with dining area, kitchen/breakfast room with large walk-in pantry, 2 bedrooms, bathroom. Single garage.
Gardens: The gardens have been tended with care and dedication over many years. To the front there is a well-maintained lawn, flower beds, herbaceous borders, shrubberies and off-road parking in front of the garage. To the rear there is another pretty garden with a large paved terrace for summer dining, a lawned area and shrubberies
Local facilities: Situated in a semi-rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and near to many beautiful amenities. The woodland and hills surrounding Streatley have been acquired in recent years by the National Trust and the extensive bridleways and footpaths are now open to the public.
The Coombe is within walking distance of the local pub, The Bull and the Thameside Coppa Club restaurant, bar & hotel. The village of Goring offers a wide range of amenities including independent shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, a health centre, hotel, library, dentist and hairdressers.
The train station has excellent direct links to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington. There is also easy access for the major local towns, including Oxford, Reading and Newbury and the M40 and M4 motorways.
Schools: The property is within catchment of the sought-after The Downs School in Compton, as well as Streatley Primary School, and Upper Basildon Primary. Nearby there are excellent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, Cranford House, Moulsford Prep & Senior School for boys, and The Oratory Prep & Senior School.
Directions: From the traffic-controlled crossroads with The Bull pub on your left, proceed up Streatley Hill, turn left into The Coombe, pass the school and the property will be found a short distance up on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 9QT
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas fired central heating.
EPC Rating: Band E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.