- No onward chain
- Beautifully redesigned and re-fitted
- Wonderful kitchen/dining room with tri-fold doors onto the rear garden
- Valuable secure off street parking to the rear
- Sought after location
- Walk to all village amenities, schools and station
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Easy walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes' drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
1,684 sq ft / 157 m² (all measurements are approximate)
NO ONWARD CHAIN.
Within the heart of the village this spectacular, 3 double bedroom semi-detached Victorian house is beautifully presented with unusually spacious family accommodation.
The interior has been redesigned and refitted to the highest standards by the present owners to include a fabulous kitchen/dining room with a living room fitted with wood burning stove.
The accommodation is light and bright with typically high ceilings for the Victorian period with the separate sitting room enjoying a fine bay window fitted with painted plantation blinds, and an open log fire.
Valuable and secure off-road parking via the rear boundary, with double height timber gates. The track also connects to the riverside Thames Meadows, the playing fields with football pitch, tennis courts, bowling club, children's playground and the Dolphin Centre.
Easy level walking distance to the village centre with its fabulous selection of specialist shops, schools, doctors, pubs, restaurants and station. Footpaths adjacent to the rear boundary giving wonderful walks along the Thames Path.
• Marvellous order through the property, simple yet elegant décor
• One of the most important features is the kitchen/dining room with a living room area to one end which is fitted with a wood burning stove
• The dining area is fitted with tri-fold doors which open to the rear gardens and patio area
• The kitchen area is comprehensively fitted with an extensive range of very attractive high- and low-level cupboards and drawer units, Siemens fitted oven, combi oven with microwave, AEG induction 4 ring hob, fitted dishwasher, wide island unit and further breakfast bar, walk through access into a pantry store with plumbing for washing machine
• Access lane to the rear with double timber gates giving valuable off-road parking
• The flooring to the ground floor is in natural engineered oak
• Underfloor heating to the kitchen/dining and living room
• All the bedrooms are doubles
• High ceilings typical of the period, with a wonderful bay window to the front fitted with painted plantation blinds
• Side access from the front to the rear garden
• Large stone laid patio for summer dining to the rear
• Cloakroom, shower room and bathrooms have all been totally refitted to a very high standard and both bathrooms have underfloor heating
• All the major windows have been replaced with primary double glazing
Summary of accommodation: entrance porch, reception hall, cloakroom, sitting room, kitchen/dining/living room, coat cupboard, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom, shower room.
Gardens: The rear garden has raised vegetable beds, apple tree, large stone laid patio, large timber constructed garden store, car/bike parking on AstroTurf.
Front garden with mature Robinia tree, enclosed with a brick wall, brick laid path to entrance, side access to the rear.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City , as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue and number 7 will be found a short distance down on the left-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7BU
Services: All mains including gas for central heating.
EPC Rating: Band D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.