- Beautiful and difficult to find setting
- Very pretty 1930's house with lots of potential
- 2 acres of gardens and grounds
- Wonderful walking countryside
- Highly sought after village of Stanford Dingley
- 400 foot of frontage to the trout stream, the River Ingle.
- Walk to the two village pubs/restaurants
- 0118 9842662
Pangbourne/station 5 miles ● Reading 9 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 9 miles (all distances approximate)
SET ON HIGH GROUND
2,737 sq ft / 254 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Gardens and grounds extending to 2 acres / 0.8 hectare
Services : Mains electricity, drainage and water.
'400 foot direct frontage to the trout stream, the River Ingle, to include both banks, the Ingle source and pool.'
A splendid 4 bedroom 1930s period country house of enormous charm and character. Set on high ground in a peaceful lane on the edge of this historic sleepy village, in an area noted for its rural beauty.
Ingle Spring is a truly unique country house in a beautiful location, with some splendid far reaching views over natural farmland to the front and rear. Easy walking distance to the village centre with its 2 ancient pubs, both with restaurants, and a noted church of Saxon origins.
This is a village where the passage of time has left it virtually undisturbed yet still within easy driving distance of major centres of commerce, excellent schools, shopping centres and local shops in Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield.
Ingle Spring has been the much-loved home of the present owners for some 26 years since their purchase from Singleton and Daughter in 1993. Surrounded by very beautiful gardens, through which the spring fed River Ingle meanders, eventually meeting the River Pang, a trout stream, in the centre of the village.
• The stunning location, with extraordinarily fine views to front and rear
• The lovely gardens and grounds
• Brown trout are indigenous to the River Ingle and the River Pang into which it runs and can be seen spawning near the spring itself in the correct season
• The garden is a natural habitat for all sorts of flora and fauna, the birdlife here is truly wonderful and wild ducks will be found on the Ingle
• Where the Ingle approaches its source; the Ingle widens into a very pretty pool with little bridges that cross over onto the far bank also owned by the property
• The gardens both formal and informal are planted with all manner of ornamental trees and shrubs including fruit trees, and there are well maintained lawns and a pretty dwarf box hedge avenue directly from the high-level rear terrace of the house leading down to the Ingle and a large decking area
• The large terrace behind the house is a splendid spot in the summer for entertaining, summer dining and BBQs
• The Ingle Spring from which the house derives its name will be found in the garden and has a glass cover for safety
• On the far-right hand side of the garden is a kitchen garden area, with Dutch aluminium frame greenhouse, large garden store and log store
• The modern conservatory is a fine feature giving full benefit to the views over the gardens, the Ingle to the pastureland beyond, there is a hatch with ladder to a wine cellar below, and is centrally heated with a pair of French doors opening onto the terrace
• A large kitchen/breakfast room with modern 4 oven oil fired Aga, fitted with an extensive range of high and low level pine panelled cupboards and drawer units, fitted Neff grill and electric oven, fitted microwave, fitted Neff dishwasher, wide tiled working surfaces, 2.5 bowl sink unit with waste disposal, soft water dispenser. Within the centre of the room is an island unit with a number of drawers, bookshelves, vegetable baskets, a propane gas fuelled stainless steel hob unit and extractor over. There is a large box window seat under the bay window, overlooking the rear gardens
• There is a door in the utility room giving access to a large original pantry unit
• The reception hall is a fine feature with its original balustrade flanking a wide and graceful staircase
• The drawing room has French doors directly overlooking the rear gardens and an original open log fire
• The study has an extensive range of bookshelves and an original open fireplace
• The master bedroom has a selection of built in wardrobes and a window giving fine views over the gardens and across the natural pastureland into the far distance, there is an ensuite bathroom
• The main guest room has some fine views, built in wardrobes and an ensuite
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, drawing room, study, conservatory with wine cellar, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, 3 ensuite bath/shower rooms, family bathroom with Jack & Jill entrance which may be used as a family bathroom or the ensuite to the master bedroom. Attached garage with remote up and over door, with door to boiler room and door to store room.
Gardens and grounds: The property has a southerly, with fine north westerly views to the rear. Surrounded by very beautiful gardens, with the River Ingle meandering through. The garden is a natural habitat for all sorts of flora and fauna, the birdlife here is truly wonderful and wild ducks will be found on the river. Where the Ingle approaches its source, it widens into a very pretty pool with little bridges that cross over onto the far bank owned by the property.
The gardens both formal and informal are planted with all manner of ornamental trees and shrubs including fruit trees, and there are well maintained lawns and a pretty dwarf box hedge avenue directly from the high-level rear terrace of the house leading down to the Ingle and a large decking area flanked by bamboo clumps and a grape vine loggia. To the front of the property there is a large gravel car parking area
Gardens & Grounds extending to 2 acres / 0.8 hectare.
Local facilities: Ingle Spring is situated in the heart of Stanford Dingley and within easy walking distance to the historic pubs both of which have restaurants; The Bull dating back to 15th century and The Old Boot Inn, which dates back to the 18th century.
Just over a mile away are the villages of Bradfield and Bradfield Southend which have a wonderful community with a village store/Post Office, a cricket ground and a recreation ground. Bradfield has an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children's play area, tennis courts and a tennis club.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar's farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger. Along Bucklebury Avenue is a health centre and in Yattendon, West Berkshire Brewery has their famous brewery.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading is 9 miles, Newbury 9 miles, and Pangbourne village 5 miles with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station (all distances are approximate).
Schools: Schools abound including Bradfield Primary School, Yattendon Primary, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory, and Elstree.
Directions: In the village of Stanford Dingley, with The Old Boot Inn on your left, the property will be found a short distance along on the right.
Post Code: RG7 6LX
Services: Mains water, electricity, and drainage, full oil-fired central heating, propane gas for hob. Security system. Water softener.
EPC Rating: F
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.