- Ground floor luxury apartment in a gated development
- Centre of the village location
- 2 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Constructed to a very high specification
- Highly energy efficient
- French doors access onto the private patio
Located within easy walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
A spacious and beautifully fitted ground floor 2 bedroom luxury apartment. Located at Shepard Place which is an exclusive and secure gated development of luxury houses and apartments, set in a very peaceful and private location within the heart of the village.
This apartment has no adjoining walls on the ground floor to any other apartment as well as the ceiling of number 5 / the floor of the apartment above is concrete and is therefore excellent sound proofing and therefore unlike many apartments there are no creaky floorboards.
Entered via a remote-controlled gated entrance, with an answerphone connected to the property, Shepard Place is architect designed with great care taken to bring enjoyment and security for many years to come.
Constructed approximately 7½ years ago to highly energy efficient standards, this is a very attractive development.
Within very easy walking distance of all of the fantastic village facilities including shops, pubs, station, primary school, cafes, restaurant, health centre, the River Thames and station giving excellent commuter links to Reading, Oxford and London Paddington.
• The property is well-fitted with the use of natural polished oak internal doors
• French doors give access from the kitchen/living room to a private patio garden, further to attractive and secluded communal gardens laid to grass with shrubs and trees to the boundary
• Kitchen area has a fitted Bosch double oven, 5 ring stainless steel gas hob, stainless steel splashback and Bosch extractor, fitted Bosch microwave, integrated Bosch dishwasher and integrated Bosch fridge and freezer, working surfaces are Luna stone, fitted with a stainless-steel sink with mixer and drinking water tap, cupboard unit concealing the Ideal gas fired boiler. There is LED feature lighting, and a window overlooking the side
• The dining area has plenty of room for a dining table
• The reception hall has a large storage/utility cupboard, with plumbing for washer/dryer
• Wall mounted entry phone system
• Controls for central mechanical ventilation with heat recovery unit, providing fresh filtered air into the building. This is the solution to the ventilation needs of an energy efficient building
• Both bedrooms are doubles
• Good quality fitted curtains and blinds
• All the apartments share a locked bike shed and bin store
• Allocated and numbered parking, together with 2 shared visitor spaces
Summary of accommodation: Communal entrance hall, reception hall, kitchen/dining/living room, 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom and ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, utility cupboard.
Gardens: Private patio garden, secluded communal gardens laid to grass with shrubs and trees to the boundary.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon offer Crossrail links to the City.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Pass through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, pass Costa Coffee, and on your right, just after Age UK, there is a gated arch which is the entrance for Shepard Place.
Post Code: RG8 7GB
Years remaining on lease: 992
Current ground rent payable to Gables Homes £140 per annum
When is the ground rent reviewed - July 2023
Annual Service charge reviewed in January 2024 £2,000
Should you proceed with the purchase of the property these details must be verified by a solicitor.
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage. Alarm.
EPC Rating: B
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.