- 6 bedroom luxury country house set in 2.1 acres (approx.)
- High specification and extensive technology throughout the property
- Spectacular kitchen/dining room with vaulted seating area
- Studio/office with cloakroom above double carport
- Underfloor heating throughout, with air con units to all bedrooms and studio
- Constructed and fitted to the highest standards
- Surrounded by very beautiful, peaceful, unspoilt countryside,
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Yattendon 1.8 miles ● Pangbourne 5.5 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 50 minutes (all distances and timings are approximate)
4,518 sq ft / 420 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 2.1 acres / 0.85 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A brand new, substantial and individually designed 6-bedroom luxury country house, in a very beautiful setting with gardens and grounds extending to 2.1 acre (approx).
With a stunning 25ft kitchen/dining room and a beautiful vaulted oak beamed ceiling to one end.
The property is constructed and fitted to the highest standards. Surrounded by very beautiful unspoilt countryside, enjoying spectacular views, and overlooking its own grounds.
Speedwell offers a high specification kitchen with quality fitted appliances and luxury fitted bathrooms/shower rooms. Extensive technology has been incorporated into this elegant country house, to include high specification alarm system, gate entry system and 360º CCTV system. Air conditioning to all bedrooms and studio/office, hard wired broadband sockets to create a strong broadband signal throughout the property, and ceiling speakers fitted to the kitchen/dining room, family room and sitting room.
Situated next to a peaceful rural lane within easy driving distance of the pretty village of Yattendon, which has the famous Royal Oak country house hotel & pub, a very useful and comprehensive village store with a post office owned by the Yattendon Estate, garage, café and primary school.
• Spectacular spacious kitchen/dining room which is the hub of the house. Comprehensively fitted with an extensive range of two-tone shaker style hand painted units, with Calacatta gold granite worktops, silgranite composite sink, 4 in 1 Quooker smart tap providing hot, cold, filtered, and boiling water. NEFF appliances include; oven, combi microwave oven, hob, two wine coolers and dishwasher. Integrated Liebherr fridge and freezer with ice machine. The hob includes a built-in downdraft extractor ducted directly to outside, keeping a clean ceiling line
• The bi-folding doors open to unveil a bar unit with glass splash back and shelves. An LED strip on a sensor lights up the unit
• Dining/breakfast area is created in green oak with large octagonal picture windows on two sides, with central French doors opening onto the patio and gardens. This area has a vaulted green oak ceiling which creates the finishing touches to a wonderful entertaining area
• Double green oak garage block with a pair of doors giving entrance to a large flagstone reception area with cloakroom and room for bicycles, etc. Stairs to first floor with large air-conditioned studio/office with French doors onto a large balcony overlooking fields and the grounds of the property
• Attractive triple aspect sitting room with fine views over the surrounding countryside from the bay window to the front and across a large terrace ideal for summer dining and entertaining, overlooking the main part of the grounds to the rear and open pastureland. Large chimney breast in herringbone brick with oak mantlepiece which was bought from a local contractor and is believed to have once been a part of the globe theatre in London. Sitting on a slate flagstone hearth is a Charnwood Cranmore 7 log burner, which is a DEFRA approved clean air burner
• A wide imposing green oak covered porch with a substantial oak entrance door opens into the impressive reception hall
• The ground floor has 1m x 1m, thick ivory porcelain tiles throughout (carpet to the family room), with underfloor heating to the ground floor and first floor, with radiators to the second floor
• Fine oak joinery throughout the property including the staircase to the first and second floor, with oak balustrade rising gracefully to the galleried landing
• Utility room with sliding doors conceal pull out shelving for a washing machine and condenser dryer. The room also contains the main controls for the underfloor central heating, propane gas boiler, electrics, and main hub with locked glass door which can control CCTV, and connections to all rooms for satellite tv and Wi-Fi
• Bedroom 1 has 2 pairs of fitted wardrobes, a pair of side tables with drawers, a luxury ensuite shower room, and a large dressing room with fitted wardrobes
• Bedroom 2 has a walk-in wardrobe and ensuite shower room. Bedroom 3 has built in wardrobe and desk unit with drawers. Bedroom 4 has 2 pairs of double wardrobes, 2 bedside cabinets with drawers. Bedroom 5 has a fitted double wardrobe
• Every bedroom is fitted with a wall mounted Daikin air-conditioning unit that can provide cooling as well as heating
• All bathrooms are large and opulent. Fully tiled using Italian porcelain, the furniture is by Roca. All taps and shower valves are made by Grohe, apart from the bath filler taps which are Hudson Reed. Electric mirrors with built in light, shaver socket and de-misting pad
• The main entrance to the property is by way of tall red brick columns with an electrically operated gate which has a Videx audio surface system with internal phone
• Large car parking area with plenty of room for a number of cars
• CCTV system with turret cameras on every corner of the house, giving 360 degrees of viewing
• Wide pathway gives access to the main entrance created in sawn and honed Indian sandstone
• The main water supply is fed off of a bore hole shared with the neighbour. There is a water softener and a high-pressure water system
• EV charger is located at the back of the double bays in the garage
Technical information: A full hand over explanation will be given to the new owner (s).
• The intruder alarm consists of: Texecom Premier Elite (Grade 2) control panel. This panel can be made network compatible meaning it can send alerts and be controlled from anywhere in the world via the Texecom app. 5 x dual tech pet sensitive PIR's (sensors) located in every room on the ground floor. High decibel sounder with LED strobe on the front of the house
• Gate entry system: 1x Videx 2-way Audio surface kit with internal phone. Allows conversations to take place with whomever is outside the gate from inside the house. It also has an override entry button on the phone that can open the gate. The gate also has remotes for vehicles and magnetic fobs for keyrings if entering on foot
• The CCTV system consists of: 1 x Hikvision pro series NVR. This NVR is network ready meaning you can view cameras from anywhere in the world via the Hikvision app (Hik-connect). 5 x 4 megapixel turret cameras located at high level on every corner of the house giving 360 degree of viewing around the house. 1 x 4 megapixel turret camera that is set up on the gate pier. This camera has 2-way audio so can be used like a ring doorbell off the Hik-connect app. It also has a strobe and alarm that can be set to scare off intruders between times specified by the owner. It also has a zonal feature which means it will only pick up people within the cobbled area in the entrance. This can be adjusted if so desired. 1 x LCD monitor located on top of the data rack
• The fridge, freezer and hob can all be connected to WiFi and controlled from an app. Liebherr SmartDevice and HomeConnect
• 3 x separate Sonos amps located in the data rack allows different media inputs to be played in the kitchen, family room and sitting room. The amps control 4 x speakers in the lounge, 2 x speakers in the kitchen and 2 x speakers in the front sitting room. All speakers are 8 inch in ceiling speakers made by Polk audio
• The ZAPPI charger is compatible with all the leading electric car brands available in the UK. It has 3 charging speeds. Eco, Eco+ and fast charge
• The air conditioner controllers in each bedroom, also made by Daikin, can be linked to the Daikin app (Madoka Assistant) via Bluetooth. This app will allow separate control of every unit from anywhere in the house
• The studio/office above the garage is fitted with two ceiling mounted air-conditioning units that also provide cooling and heating
• The house is fitted with two Ubiquiti U6-pro WiFi access points to make sure a strong WiFi signal is kept throughout the house. These will work in situ with the broadband router. The property is generously scattered with a number of hardwired broadband sockets. These will allow any smart TVs, gaming consoles, computers etc. to have a hardwired connection directly to the network switch located in the data rack to ensure strong broadband signal straight to the device
• The house is run off of a mini VRV condenser and the garage is a twin split condenser. Both of the condensers are made by Daikin
• Included in the data rack is a sky multi switch. This will allow a sky box to be hardwired into every bedroom, the lounge and sitting room
• The underfloor heating is run by multiple heatmiser manifolds hidden around the house. Every zone has an assigned thermostat that when paired to a heatmiser neohub and the heatmiser Neo app can be controlled remotely from anywhere in the world.
• Underground LPG tank located on to the front lawn. This is monitored by a Calor Telemitry device and gets filled automatically by Calor before it empties. The air-conditioning system can be used as back up heating if required
• The main water supply is fed off of a bore hole shared with next-door. The only charge is the small amount of electric used by the pump to pull the water up. There is a BWT water softener that fills up two 500 litre Dab Esytanks. The water when called for gets boosted into the house at 3 bar of pressure. This is accompanied by a 145 litre unvented Megaflo for high pressure hot water. Boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 A-Rated LPG boiler.
• A new Graf one2clean sewage treatment plant system has been installed
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, family room, kitchen/dining, utility room, cloakroom, 6 double bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, to include two large ensuite shower rooms.
Double green oak car port, with a cloakroom and studio/office above.
Gardens & Grounds: A beautiful setting with extensive gardens and grounds of pasture and lightly wooded areas.
The gardens including woodland and pastureland extending to 2.1 acres/0.85 hectares (approximately). Large detached studio/office with double car port.
Local facilities: Bradfield and Bradfield Southend have a wonderful vibrant community. In Bradfield Southend there is a community owned and run Village Store/Post Office, together with a cricket ground and a recreation ground. There is an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children's play area, floodlit tennis courts and a popular tennis club. A fine health centre is located in Chapel Row.
Bradfield College has a fantastic sport complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Vicar's farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger.
Yattendon village is nearby where there is a first rate and highly regarded primary school, the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, and The Yattendon Village Stores and Post Office.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading and Newbury are equidistant and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station.
Schools: Yattendon Primary, Bradfield Primary and the Harriet House Montessori Primary School are nearby, as are Bradfield College and Pangbourne College. Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School and Elstree Preparatory School.
Note: Some computer generated imagery staging to some room photographs, and cgi flooring added to studio/office photograph
Directions: From the centre of Yattendon, with the Royal Oak pub (RG18 0UG) on your left, follow Yattendon Road towards Pangbourne. Leave the village, passing the entrance to Yattendon Court on your left. A short distance along, there is a wooden bus shelter on the right, at the entrance to Scratchface Lane – turn right into this road. Proceed along this road passing over the motorway, proceed further down the lane passing Greenacre and Lux Hall Farm on the left, the next property on the left is Speedwell Cottage with large white electrically operated gate.
Post Code: RG7 6DN
Services: Private bore hole water supply. Drainage by sewage treatment plant. Megaflow, water softener, underground LPG tank located in the front lawn, monitored by Calor Telemitry device, which is automatically refilled by Calor before it empties.
EPC Rating: Band C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band tbc
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.