- Detached Edwardian cottage
- Modern bathroom and shower room
- Wonderful views
- Ample parking and space for a garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- 4 double bedrooms ( potential bedroom 5 on ground floor )
- Kitchen opening into dining room
- Replacement double glazed windows
- Large gardens and woodland extending to 0.8 acres
Pangbourne 4 miles ● Theale train station 4 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● M4 (Junc. 12) 5 miles ● M4 (junc. 13) 8 miles (all distances approximate)
1,866 sq ft / 173 m²
Gardens and grounds: 0.8 acre / 0.3 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A charming 4 bedroom detached Edwardian cottage, originally constructed as a pair of gardeners cottages for a larger house nearby. Shannonwood is set in just under an acre of grounds, in a very beautiful location with some fine views from the rear. It is bounded by unspoilt woodland on the north east side, part of which is owned by the property.
Tutts Clump is one of the prettiest and most sought-after villages within this part of the world and the property is entered from a peaceful lane only used by other properties within the village.
The property has been occupied by the present owners for some 32 years and is in good decorative order, with many improvements of recent times.
• Large reception hall
• Fully fitted kitchen with an extensive range of high and low level oak cupboards and drawers, a fitted Rangemaster 110 Leisure with double ovens, 4 ring electric hob, hot plate and griddle with extractor over, fitted dishwasher, fitted fridge/freezer, the windows in the kitchen overlook the rear garden and enjoy some far reaching rural views
• Large sliding patio doors open from the dining room area to the rear garden sun terrace
• Possible fifth bedroom on the ground floor which was previously used as a family room with original open fireplace
• Ground floor cloakroom with shower
• A number of the bedrooms have far reaching views over natural countryside across the rooftops of Tutts Clump
• The first floor has 4 double bedrooms, 3 of which have built in wardrobes
• Modern shower room and bathroom
• Replacement double glazed windows
• The gardens have well-maintained lawns, a high level terrace, summer dining area with loggia and natural woodland
• Plenty of room for a garage if required
Summary of accommodation: large reception hall, sitting room, snug with open fireplace large kitchen with dining room area, utility room, ground floor shower room, 4 double bedrooms, family bathroom.
Gardens and grounds: Well-maintained lawns, flower beds, herbaceous borders and woodland, 3 timber constructed outbuildings, greenhouse. Car parking for a number of cars.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.8 acre/0.3 hectare.
Note. The rear garden is presently fenced, but the land owned by the property continues substantially behind.
Local facilities: Bradfield and Bradfield Southend have a wonderful community with a community run village store/Post Office, a cricket ground and a recreation ground with football pitches and a children`s play area. For the equestrian there is an excellent riding school. The village hall hosts all sorts of events, and there are floodlit tennis courts, a tennis club, and The Queens Head pub. Further along the Avenue of Oaks in Chapel Row is the Gastropub of the year; The Bladebone.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar`s farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading and Newbury are equidistance and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station
Schools: Nearby there is a Montessori nursery school, Bradfield C of E Primary School, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School. Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory, and Elstree are within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, over the mini roundabout and pass out of the village, through Tidmarsh, over the M4 and turn first right signposted to Bradfield. Proceed along this road passing through the centre of the buildings belonging to Bradfield College, arriving at a T-junction with a War Memorial on your left, turn right. A short distance down the road turn first right into Mariners Lane. Proceed down Mariners Lane, turning left into Bishops Road, signposted Tutts Clump, and then at the Vets, right into Rotten Row Hill. Shannonwood is the 2nd drive on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG7 6JU
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage, oil fired central heating.
EPC Rating: F
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.