- Set in this sought-after private road
- Spacious single storey detached property
- Double detached garage
- Prime location away from busy roads and village noise and yet on a few minutes walk to the shops
- Easy walking distance to village amenities and train station
- In excellent order throughout
- South facing walled gardens
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
2,701 sq ft / 251 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.28 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 4 bedroom detached single storey residence, set in one of the most exclusive and private roads in the heart of this famous riverside village, enjoying a very peaceful and private location.
Herons is within easy walking distance of all the fabulous facilities in Pangbourne village, to include riverside pubs, restaurants, health centre, baker, butcher, and small supermarket. The train station offers fast links to London Paddington, and to Reading which is soon to offer Crossrail links to the City.
A single storey property of this quality and size is almost impossible to find within the heart of Pangbourne. The whole house is in pristine order throughout and tastefully decorated.
Riverview Road is a private and no-through road, which at one end has a footpath linking directly to Pangbourne Station.
• Large and imposing reception hall
• Sitting room has French doors opening directly onto the walled garden, an open fireplace presently fitted with a coal-effect gas fire
• Fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room with an area for a table which accommodate 4-6 people
• Kitchen is fitted with a range of cream painted cupboard and drawers, with extensive Corian working surfaces, 5 ring gas hob with extractor over, Bosch dishwasher, fitted double electric oven, pull out pantry unit, 1½ bowl stainless steel sink, door to pantry, double aspect with windows overlooking both front and back
• Principal bedroom is large, with ensuite bathroom
• All double bedrooms have fitted wardrobes
• Well-fitted family bathroom which has a shower and bath
• Detached double garage with electric up and over doors
• Utility room with plumbing for washing machine, also houses gas fired boiler, wine cupboard and door to exterior
• Hardwood double-glazed windows throughout
• There is potential for the present study to be used as a 4th bedroom, and for the dining room to be a family room
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, study/TV room (originally 4th bedroom), utility room, 3 further bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite to principal bedroom. Double detached garage.
Gardens: The rear garden has well-maintained lawns with shrubberies, mature trees, sun terrace, brick laid footpath to a small garden store and a walkway access into a vegetable garden with green house (this area is presently paved and gravel, but can be brought back to a vegetable garden if so desired).
Enjoying a south-westerly facing red clay brick walled garden to the front with a wide patio for summer dining, a brick-built BBQ, mature trees and shrubberies, well-maintained lawns and a pretty waterfall trickling into a goldfish and lily pond. There is an electric sun canopy over the French doors from the sitting room.
The pedestrian and vehicular access is wide and imposing with a gated access which also runs past raised flower beds to a double garage, and there is a spacious forecourt with parking for several cars. There is side access on both sides of the property to the rear gardens
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, The Boat house Doctors surgery, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. There are many wonderful farm shops in the locality, and a Waitrose in Tilehurst.
By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park, the National Trust property, features a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with fast train services to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon benefit from Crossrail.
Excellent schools: Herons is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools and Pangbourne College is within walking distance. Within easy driving distance are; Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, straight over the mini roundabout, turn right into Pangbourne Hill, pass the St James The Less Church, and first right into Riverview Road. Herons will be found a short way up on the right-hand side with a high red brick wall and wrought iron entrance gates.
Post Code: RG8 7AU
Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage (pumping system links property to the mains drain in the road). High speed broadband connection available in Riverview Road. Alarm.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.