- Good sized part walled south facing rear gardens
- 5 ensuite bath/shower rooms
- 3 spacious reception rooms
- Pretty views over open countryside to the front
- Double detached garage
- 5 double bedrooms
- High quality kitchen breakfast room
- Underfloor heating throughout the house
- Parking for a number of cars
- VACANT POSSESSION - NO CHAIN
Pangbourne shops & train station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles
(all distances approximate)
3731 sq ft / 356 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Gardens & ground : extending to : 0.22 acre/ 0.092 ha
A splendid, spacious and light 5 bedroom modern detached country house, each bedroom has a shower or bathroom en-suite. Set within the beginning of an exclusive close of only a few outstanding properties constructed by the well known and respected local builder J. Wakefield. The property is situated adjacent to and overlooking open countryside to the front. The Dutch House was constructed in approximately 2010 and built and fitted to exactingly high standards, with an attention to detail and quality which are the hallmark of a Wakefield designed and built house. Upper Basildon is surrounded countryside of outstanding natural beauty with many footpaths and bridleways and within the heart of the village there is a pub, church, and an excellent village hall which stages all sorts of events during the course of the year, there is also a large recreation ground to the side of the village hall for villagers to use with tennis courts and a football pitch and a toddler play area. This property is unusual for a modern house that it has a generous sized garden to the rear which faces south and is mainly walled
● Kitchen : The high quality fitted kitchen/ breakfast room which has attractive figured granite work surfaces. Large dresser and cupboard unit with drawers. Falcon induction ceramic 5- ring cooking range with ovens under in stainless steel and a curved glass hood extractor fan over. Fitted American style fridge freezer with cold water and ice dispenser. Fitted dishwasher. Double bowl ceramic under mounted sink unit. Lots of cupboards, drawers. Pair of pull out larder units. Peninsula breakfast bar in granite with circular raised hard wood preparation area.
● High level of insulation throughout the property
● Electrically operated security gates to the front with intercom
● Underfloor central heating throughout
● Spectacular reception hall with oak flooring and staircase rising gracefully and curving past the half landing and marbleised decorative columns to a large landing area
● There are some fine examples of oak joinery throughout including the golden oak panelled doors
● The drawing room is an elegant room with double French doors opening onto the south facing gardens. With a large fireplace created in brick with a alcove holding a wood burning stove and natural golden oak flooring
● The kitchen/ breakfast room has French doors that open onto a spacious dining room with further French doors leading directly out onto the garden and the rear sun terrace for summer dining
● Family/ TV room has some very pretty rural views with golden oak flooring and there is a spacious study that also has golden oak flooring and views over open countryside to the front
● Detached double garage and the property has side access on both sides to the rear walled garden
● On the second floor there is a fabulous very large bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. This is a versatile room that could be used as a large office or games room/ au pair/ nannys accommodation
● All the bedrooms are double in size with plenty of wardrobe space
● All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms/ shower rooms with dressing areas
● The Dutch House occupies an important corner position on the entrance to Knappswood Close
Summary of accommodation: 5 double bedrooms, 5 bathrooms/ shower rooms, very large reception hall, cloakroom, drawing room, study, family room, well fitted kitchen/ breakfast/ living room, utility room, dining room, double detached garage, underfloor central heating.
Gardens & Grounds : extending to 0.22 acres / 0.092 ha hectares. There is large parking area with electrically operated access with pretty lawned area with shrubs and flowerbeds. The rear garden is mainly walled with a large terrace area for summer dining and spacious lawns that run the width of the property.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, pass The Elephant Hotel, turning first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill until you see a sign just after the entrance to Pangbourne College to Upper Basildon. Turn right. Proceed along the Pangbourne Road past Morrisson Close and Knappswood Close will appear on the left hand side. Turn left into this close and The Dutch House is the first property on the left hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8LN
Services: The central heating and domestic hot water is heated by a Mitubishi Subadan air to water heat pump, mains water, drainage and electricity. Security system.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.