- 3 bedrooms
- Good sized garden
- Lots of potential
- Well set back from the road
- Walk to Tilehurst station and Waitrose
- Access to Arthur Newbury Park and the Thames Path
- Plenty of parking
- OPEN HOUSE Thursday 25th August 2022 at 12.00 to 1.30 pm
Open House viewings 12.00 to 1.30 pm Thursday 25th August 2022
Tilehurst station 5 minutes' walk ● Reading 3 miles ● Pangbourne village 3 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 6 miles (all distances/timings approximate)
1,134 sq ft / 105 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A semi-detached 3-bedroom house with tremendous potential for improvement and/or extension subject to local authority planning permission.
The property is well set back from the road, with off street parking and a single garage. This is a 1970s bay fronted house, constructed of brick with cream painted rendered first floor elevations.
There is a lapsed planning permission for a loft conversion to create another bedroom & bathroom, similar to the neighbouring conversion. The plans can be provided upon request.
Within easy walking distance of Tilehurst station, Waitrose, and both Arthur Newberry Park and the Thames Path, both of which are wonderful for family and dog walking.
* Property as a whole might be the subject of further improvement
* Rear reception room overlooks the rear garden and has an open fire
* Front reception room has an attractive bay window
* 3 bedrooms, 2 are doubles with fitted wardrobes, one overlooking the rear garden
* New gas boiler
* Kitchen has a number of cupboard and drawer units and includes a Beko washing machine, Electra dishwasher and a Flaval Milano e60 freestanding cooker unit with oven, grill and 4 ring ceramic hob. Upright fridge and walk in pantry
* Staircase gives access to a galleried landing with window
* The garage could also be the subject of a conversion (subject to LAPP)
Summary of accommodation: entrance lobby, 2 reception rooms, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, separate wc, single garage.
Gardens: Front garden has a deep lawn and a mature box hedge and views to the distance of the hills rising above the Thames. Rear garden is approximately 54' deep by 30' wide, has lawn and flowerbeds with a raised paved patio for BBQ and summer dining. There is an old garden store at one end.
Local facilities: A short walk to Tilehurst train station, giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. There is an excellent Waitrose within walking distance. Pangbourne has a wonderful village centre with shops, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers, excellent restaurants and riverside pubs.
Reading town centre is approximately 3 miles away and there is a regular bus service along the Oxford to Reading road, the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 6 miles.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area to include; Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School, Denefield secondary school, Little Heath secondary school.
Directions: Driving along the A329, Oxford Road from the Pangbourne direction, when the River View Care Home is on your right, follow the road along for a short while, and number 917a will be on your right.
Post Code: RG30 6TP
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas, drainage. Full gas fired central heating.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: Reading Borough Council, Band C.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.