- An attractive modern, detached house with 5 double bedrooms
- Family bathroom, 2 en suites plus wc/cloak room
- Peaceful no through road, lovely gardens with a good sized entrance driveway
- Drawing room, sitting room, dining room, study and conservatory
- Large reception hall
- Double detached garage with electric/ remote controlled up and over garage door
- Large kitchen/ breakfast room with separate utility room
- Lots of wardrobes/ storage
- Easy access to M4 (1.5 miles) Heathrow 40 minutes drive
M4 (junction 12) 1.5 miles ● Theale 3 miles ● Reading train station 3 miles ● Pangbourne 4 miles ● Heathrow 40 minutes' drive ● Footpaths with wonderful walks nearby (all distances/timings approximate)
3,304 sq ft / 307 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 5 bedroom high quality detached house. In first class order throughout, unusually spacious, and well-planned with lots of light and high ceilings.
Constructed to high standards in 2007, highly energy efficient, and set in a very spacious garden plot. This is a splendid family house.
Mill Lane is a very convenient place to live, yet you are tucked away from the hurly-burly of busy roads in a peaceful and secluded spot, you could quite easily be in the heart of the Berkshire countryside.
• Interior is tastefully decorated and in excellent order throughout
• Large kitchen breakfast room, with limestone flooring, granite worksurfaces, fitted Rangemaster Toledo cooker with 5 gas rings, hot plate, Rangemaster extractor over, fitted Bosch dishwasher, Bosch American style fridge freezer, large windows overlooking front
• Drawing room is light and bright, with a carved stone fireplace surround, fitted with gas coal effect convector fire. French doors open onto rear garden
• Garden room has French doors opening onto the rear terrace
• Large and imposing reception hall, staircase with oak balustrade
• Reception hall, sitting room and dining room have polished oak flooring
• Utility has windows overlooking rear, limestone flooring and sink
• Principal bedroom is very large, with ensuite shower room and windows overlooking the rear sun terrace
• All bedrooms are doubles, have fitted wardrobes, and one is currently used as a second study
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, dining room, study, drawing room, sitting room, garden room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility, 5 double bedrooms, family bathroom, 2 ensuite shower rooms. Detached double garage.
Gardens: Rear is mainly laid to lawn, paved sun terrace, secluded and very peaceful with herbaceous borders, high hedges, and a copse of 3 silver birch. Access from front on both sides. Garden store. Measuring approximately 75ft wide x 70ft deep.
To the front garden there is lots of parking, flower beds, shrubberies, high hedges giving seclusion, a pair of 5 bar gates giving access from the quiet lane. Detached double garage, with electric up and over panelled door.
Local Facilities: Garden House is within easy walking distance to a number 26 bus service into central Reading, and just a few minutes' drive from the large Sainsbury's supermarket, and the retail park to includes a Boots, Starbucks, and Ikea.
Transport links are plentiful, with both Theale and Pangbourne giving fast train services to London Paddington, and Reading station just a couple of miles away, offering Elizabeth Line links to the City
Very beautiful walks are to be found at the end of Mill Lane which pass the ancient Calcot Mill crossing the Holy Brook which flows from the River Kennet at a junction known as Arrowhead and onwards towards Reading Abbey. The footpath continues and leads to the Linear Park with water meadows, a children's play area, wonderful for dog walking or just an evening stroll, eventually the footpath joins the tow path beside the Kennet and Avon canal.
The countryside between Calcot and Newbury has long been known of outstanding rural beauty with the River Thames running through the pretty riverside village of Pangbourne, which is only a few miles by car, with its many shops, excellent pubs and restaurants. There is a Cobbs farm shop at Englefield which offers a butcher, groceries, fishmonger, deli and a café.
Schools: Good schools abound within the area; Leighton Park, Queen Anne's at Caversham, The Abbey School, Kendrick School – grammar school for girls, Reading Boys - grammar school for boys, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, Downe House, The Oratory, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School, all within reasonable driving distance and some of the schools have a bus pick up service.
Directions: From junction 12 of the M4, proceed along the A4 in the direction of Reading. Proceed over a set of traffic lights (with Sainsbury's on your left), over a roundabout, another set of traffic lights, and just past the entrance to Calcot Golf Course, turn right into Mill Lane. At the mini roundabout, turn right into The Chase and immediately first left into Mill Lane. Proceed down the lane, pass The Old Orchard road on your right and a short distance along, Garden House will be found on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG31 7RS
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas & drainage. Water softener. Pressurised water system.
Fibre 35 broadband connected. Solar panels with battery provide supplementary power to the property.
EPC Rating: B
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.