- Modern country house
- Four bedrooms
- Fabulous kitchen / living room
- Single garage
- One of the best positions in the development
- Built by Linden Homes about 2.5 years ago
- Bedroom 1 and guest en-suite.
- Pretty open outlook
- Ample parking
Easy walking distance to the pretty period village centre of Aldermaston with its highly regarded village primary school and village store
1,687 sq ft / 157 m²
M4 (Junction 12) 10 mins drive, Reading 11 miles, Newbury 9 miles
Aldermaston train station 1.6 miles (connection to London Paddington)
(all distances and timings are approximate)
Description: An outstanding modern country house of character, beautifully situated in a peaceful no through close within a hamlet of other character properties, and ideally situated opposite and overlooking a green. Built approximately 2.5 years ago by the well-known national building firm of Linden Homes, with an attention to detail hard to find today. The house is light, bright and airy. A fantastic family house.
The interior of the property is finished to an extremely high standard with a large reception hall, large kitchen at one end and a spacious dining room. The living room is a good proportion with triple aspect windows and French doors opening onto a paved terrace to the rear and garden. There is also provision for an open fire if so required, presently not used, but the chimney breast and stack are in place.
A broad staircase gracefully rises to the landing of the first floor which has 3 double bedrooms plus a single bedroom, a family bathroom and 2 ensuite shower rooms.
The property is highly insulated and has a very high energy rating assessment, and due to this there has been a ventilation system installed throughout the house to introduce natural air when required.
● Fabulous kitchen with granite style working surfaces with a central island unit installed by the present owners
● 4 ring stainless steel gas hob and extractor, built in dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine
● AEG electric double oven, stainless steel double bowl sink unit
● Karndean tiled flooring in the kitchen, with further Karndean tiled flooring in natural wood effect within the hallway
● Very attractive oak-faced doors throughout, with double glazed oak doors giving access to the dining area
● The cloakroom, family bathroom and the 2 ensuite shower rooms are all fitted to a very high standard
● A very pretty open outlook to the front of the property to the south over the village green
● The gardens to the rear enjoy the westerly sun allowing full benefit of the paved patio area for summer dining and barbecuing with well-maintained lawns, a garden store and pedestrian access to the garage
Summary of accommodation: Large entrance hall, cloakroom, study, living room, large kitchen, dining room to one side, wide graceful staircase to landing, 4 bedrooms (3 doubles and a single), family bathroom and 2 ensuite shower rooms.
Gardens to front and rear. Single garage, the nearest garage to the property is owned by the property. Full gas fired central heating.
Local facilities and schools: Within walking distance of the Aldermaston village stores, the highly regarded primary school, church and a fine old pub; The Hinds Head. At the edge of Aldermaston is a nursery; just up the road is the River Kennet with excellent fishing at Aldermaston Mill where day tickets are obtainable. Thatcham is approximately 6 miles which has a fantastic selection of shops including a Waitrose and in Calcot at Junction 12 there is a large Sainsbury`s. There is a station at Aldermaston giving a fast train connection to London Paddington. Fabulous sporting facilities are offered at the Bradfield College sports complex which has a fitness centre, squash, indoor tennis courts, a fine indoor swimming pool and many other activities. Schools within easy driving distance include Elstree, St Finian`s, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, and Downe House.
Note: Whilst some parts of Aldermaston have suffered with flooding, 9 Maida`s Way has not had any problems and as an extra precaution, the builders put in a large pond as a flood defence which is designed to collect any excess water and drain it away from the properties in Maida`s Way.
Directions: (For Satelite navigation please use the following postcode - RG7 4LX)
From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed out of the village through Tidmarsh to the A4 roundabout. Turn right towards Newbury. Proceed down the A4 turning left at the sign to Aldermaston. On entering Aldermaston village with its sign on your left, look for the entrance to Maida`s Way on your left hand side. Turn left proceed through the heart of Maida`s Way eventually arriving at the green with the house number 9 to be found on the left hand side.
Services: Mains gas, mains water and mains drainage.
Post Code: RG7 4HZ
Local Authority: West Berkshire Council. Tel: 01635 42400. www.westberks.gov.uk Council Tax: F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.