- A splendid 4 bedroom late Victorian semi detached house
- In immaculate order throughout
- Beautiful Neptune kitchen fitted
- Superb kitchen/ breakfast/living room
- Family bathroom plus an en suite to bedroom 1
- Easy walk to the shops, station and amenities
- Large kitchen/ living room plus 2 further reception rooms
- Home office / garden room plus garden store
- Off road parking with EV charging point plus unrestricted street parking
- Replacement double glazing throughout, party wall sound proofing to ground and second floor
A splendid late Victorian semi-detached 4 bedroom house. Set in the heart of the village, within very easy walking distance of all of the fantastic facilities including shops, pubs, primary school, restaurants, health centre, River Thames, and the station offering fast links to Reading and London.
The house has recently benefited from extensive refurbishment and refitting to very high standards. Constructed of red clay brick with a pretty bay window, and a luxurious loft conversion with attractive Dormer windows on both sides, creating a fine master suite to the second floor.
A spacious family house in immaculate order throughout, with excellent living accommodation that is light, bright and flows beautifully.
• Delightful kitchen/breakfast/living area with lots of light from the ceiling light windows and bi-fold doors which open onto the stone paved sun terrace and rear garden
• The Neptune kitchen is comprehensively fitted with a range of cupboard units, purpose made cutlery/pot drawers, fitted Neff washing machine, fitted Neff dishwasher, single oven, 4 ring induction hob, large fitted pantry cupboard, fitted Neff fridge and freezer, working surfaces are all in polished oak, with a peninsula breakfast bar which can seat 3. Flooring is an attractive marble flagstone, with underfloor heating
• Sitting room overlooking the front has an attractive original bay window with low level plantation shutters, a box seat, centrally positioned Victorian style mantle and fireplace, flanked by bookshelves and tv shelf
• Modern garden office is fully insulated with double glazing and power
• Reception lobby with main entrance door of solid painted timber
• Dining room with original stripped wooden flooring and a range of pine cupboards
• Main bedroom suite has a window overlooking the rear garden with pretty views, spacious dressing room and a well-fitted ensuite shower room
• Family bathroom is fitted to a very high standard with separate shower
• Party wall to the ground and second floor is sound proofed
• Replacement double glazing throughout
• Off-street car parking, with EV charging point
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/living room. 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, garden office, timber garden store.
Garden: Rear gardens are very private, planted on both sides with flower beds and shrubs, well-maintained lawn, sun terrace. Modern garden office sitting on rear patio. Rear garden length approx. 48m x 7m. Rear access to a footpath leading to the village.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon offer Crossrail links to the City.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Pass through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, looking for the second entrance of Horseshoe Road on your right (opposite the police station). Turn right into Horseshoe Road and number 93 is a short distance along on the right.
Post Code: RG8 7JL
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage. High speed fibre broadband connected. Water softener fitted. EV charging point. Recently installed new Worcester Bosch gas boiler.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.