- Victorian semi-detached cottage
- Valuably unlisted
- Two double bedrooms
- Re fitted kitchen and utility room
- Spacious sitting room with wood burner
- Pretty cottage gardens
- Excellent order throughout
- Off-road parking space and further unrestricted parking in Manor Road opposite
- Walk to Pangbourne village & station
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes' walk (fast trains to London Paddington) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances approximate)
764 sq ft / 71 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A charming, semi-detached 2 bedroom Victorian cottage, dating back to 1852, valuably unlisted. Little Cottage has recently undergone a refit and tasteful redecoration to a high standard throughout.
Whitchurch-on-Thames has long been noted as one of the most exclusive and sought after Thames villages and the cottage is within easy level walking distance of the River Thames, the primary school, The Greyhound village pub, Pangbourne shops, amenities, and station for fast commuter trains to Reading and Paddington.
• With high ceilings throughout, this is a light and bright cottage in excellent order throughout
• Spacious, light, sitting room fitted with wood burning stove, with large windows overlooking the front garden
• Newly refitted kitchen/dining room with French doors opening onto a pretty side garden. Fitted Rangemaster Classic 90 in original range area, with 5 gas ring hob, 2 ovens, grill. Dresser unit with drawers and glass fronted China cupboard, fitted CDA microwave, AEG dishwasher
• Utility room with plumbing for washing machine, sink, work surfaces, fridge freezer, large pantry cupboard, window overlooking rear garden, door to rear garden
• Limestone flagged flooring to both kitchen and utility
• Large modern fitted shower room
• Two double bedrooms to the first floor, both with built in wardrobes
• The cottage has been re-wired by the previous owners
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, utility room, shower room, 2 double bedrooms.
Gardens: The rear garden is secluded, mainly laid to lawn with flower beds, shrubberies and a Victorian brick constructed tool store, originally the outhouse. The brick paved side garden offers a lovely sunny seating area, with French doors to the kitchen/dining room. The front garden also has an area of hard standing for a small car for off street parking.
Local Facilities: Little Cottage is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, restaurants, and riverside pubs. The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering SUP, canoeing, and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has a fine pub, The Greyhound. Just a few minutes' walk from the cottage is beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths and bridle paths.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, The Oratory to name a few. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School.
Directions: From Pangbourne, cross over the River Thames toll bridge and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, pass the Greyhound Inn on your right and Little Cottage will be found a short way up on your right.
Post Code: RG8 7ET
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas fired central heating & hot water. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.