- A detached house in splendid order.
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 Reception rooms and a conservatory
- Pretty established gardens
- Off road parking
- Peaceful residential no-through road
- Family bathroom and en suite shower room
- Primary double glazing throughout
- Double garage offering scope for further extension
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Reading 4 miles, M4 (junc 12) 6 miles, Pangbourne 5 minutes' drive, Tilehurst train station 1 mile
(all distances/timings approximate)
1,762 sq ft / 164 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty 4 bedroom detached house in splendid order throughout. Situated well back from a peaceful residential no-through road, substantially constructed some 30 years ago. The present owners have enjoyed living within the property for some 23 years.
Purley village borders an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and is within walking distance of the village school, the secondary school, the village shop and Tilehurst train station. There are pretty walks along the river Thames to Whitchurch and Pangbourne.
The accommodation is light and spacious, with a double aspect sitting room with open fireplace on a raised hearth and walk through access to the conservatory with French doors opening into the garden
The gardens are well stocked with rose beds, high hedging to the left-hand side of the front garden giving privacy, the rear garden with high hedges on both sides and close boarded fencing giving security. Well-maintained lawns to front and rear. Brick laid patio for summer dining with immediate access from the conservatory and sitting room and a further patio which catches the evening sun.
• A pair of garages attached to the property give potential for further extension to the existing accommodation. The kitchen and utility could be extended to create a large kitchen/living room. There is off street parking for at least 2 cars and more could be achieved by the removal of part of the large front lawn
• Property has a high level of insulation with primary double-glazed windows throughout
• Reception hall is spacious and attractive
• Galleried landing on the first floor, with a window overlooking the front
• First floor has 3 double bedrooms and a single bedroom, and a well fitted family shower room
• Principal bedroom has an ensuite bathroom
• Gas fired boiler renewed 4 years ago
• Kitchen is fully fitted with a range of oak fronted cupboard and drawers, 1½ bowl stainless steel sink, double electric oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor over, plumbing for dishwasher and room for a fridge freezer, wide working surfaces with windows overlooking the garden
• Large utility room which could become a breakfast room is so desired with door to the rear gardens
• Wide side access on the left-hand side of the property
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, kitchen, utility room, dining room, conservatory, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite bathroom to principal bedroom. Double integral garage.
Gardens: Well maintained lawns to front and rear. High hedging giving privacy, and close boarded fencing giving security. Brick laid patio for summer dining with immediate access from the conservatory and sitting room and a further patio which catches the evening sun.
Rear garden approx. 42 ft in depth x 48 ft in width. Garden store to rear.
Local facilities: Purley has a thriving and active community and is perfectly situated to enjoy the best of the River Thames and surrounding countryside, whilst giving excellent transport links with shops and amenities nearby.
Tilehurst train station is nearby, giving fast train connections to London Paddington and Reading. Reading town centre is 4 miles, with a bus route via the Oxford Road to Reading and neighbouring towns and the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is just 6 miles (all measurements are approximately).
There is a marina in Purley on Thames for the boating enthusiast, and lovely walks to be enjoyed in nearby Sulham woods.
Waitrose is situated a few minutes drive as well as the village shop that incorporates a Post Office. Within a short distance is the thriving village of Pangbourne which has a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, a health centre, dentists, a library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is enjoyable for young families to visit to see the interesting animals, the birds, the gardens, the play parks, the splash pool and the miniature train. The nearby National Trust property at Basildon Park is a Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Excellent schools: The Brae is close to the Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School and, also, within the catchment is Denefield Secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Queen Anne's and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: Proceed through Pangbourne towards Reading on the A329 and upon entering Purley village passing the sign on your left, go over a roundabout, over the traffic lights, take the next turning on the left, New Hill, then second right into Hazel Road. Proceed round a left-hand bend at the top of the hill and you'll find a large Tudor style house on the left which is Woodlands Gate, the Brae is the next house on the left.
Post Code: RG8 8BB
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas. Gas fired central heating.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.