- Attractive detached house
- Spacious well proportioned accommodation
- Replacement double glazed windows throughout
- Delightful well maintained gardens
- Walk to Tilehurst station
- 5 Bedrooms
- Sought after and exclusive residential road.
- Refitted ensuite and cloakroom
- Tandem garage and ample off road parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Reading 3 miles ● Tilehurst station ¼ mile (5 minutes' walk) ● Pangbourne village 3 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 6 miles
2,589 sq ft / 241 m²
Gardens & grounds extending to 0.29 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive 5 bedroom detached house, constructed in 1922. Enjoying unusually spacious family accommodation, set in splendid well maintained and well stocked gardens.
The property is situated in one of the most sought after and exclusive of the residential roads within the heart of Tilehurst village. This peaceful and pretty tree-lined road is only minutes' walk from Tilehurst train station, with easy access to Waitrose, and close to the many shopping facilities and schools nearby.
Offering light and spacious family accommodation, the property is in excellent decorative order throughout, with high ceilings typical of this period. The gardens are a delight all year round, extending to approximately a third of an acre.
• Well-proportioned sitting room with bay window overlooking the front gardens and lawns, open fireplace with minster stone carved mantle and surround set on a slate hearth
• Spacious breakfast room with windows overlooking the garden
• Kitchen overlooks the rear gardens, and is fitted with an AEG double electric oven, 4 ring Smeg gas hob, fitted dishwasher, 1½ bowl sink and wide working surfaces
• Dining room is a well-proportioned room with walk-through access into a small lobby with large picture windows and slide back patio doors giving lots of light, and access to the rear gardens and terrace
• Typical of the period there are high ceilings throughout
• Large imposing reception hall with polished oak plank flooring
• Cloakroom has been refitted
• Large graceful staircase turns onto a large galleried landing with a large picture window overlooking the rear gardens
• Spacious principal bedroom has an excellent range of modern fitted wardrobes and a recently refitted ensuite shower room
• Property is set some 54 feet back from the peaceful residential road, and enjoys frontage of approx. 60 ft
• The delightful gardens have well-maintained shrubberies, herbaceous borders, high hedges and trees give privacy and seclusion, an excellent and productive vegetable garden, large lawns to front and rear with large rear garden store
• Attached double integral linked garage with up and over door giving access and pair of doors giving access through onto a hard standing for a further car if required
• Replacement double glazed windows throughout
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, cloakroom, inner lobby/garden room, breakfast room, kitchen, utility room, galleried landing, 5 bedrooms, ensuite shower room to principal bedroom, family bathroom, integral tandem linked garage.
Gardens: Well-maintained shrubberies, herbaceous borders, high hedges and trees give privacy, productive vegetable garden, large lawns to front and rear with large rear garden store. Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.29 acre approx.
Local facilities: A ½ mile from Tilehurst train station, giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. Crossrail coming to Reading Station giving easy access to the City. There is an excellent Waitrose just along the road and Pangbourne has a wonderful village centre with shops, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers, excellent restaurants and riverside pubs.
Reading town centre is approximately 3 miles away and there is a regular bus service along the Oxford to Reading road, the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 6 miles.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area to include; Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School, Denefield secondary school, Little Heath secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, The Abbey which is a highly regarded girls school with a bus pick up at the bottom of the road, Cranford House, Queen Anne's, Moulsford Preparatory School, Reading School (Boys) and Kendrick school (Girls).
Route with narrow regulated vehicle access: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed out of the village and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck and opposite some new terrace houses turn right with a regulated access into Elsley Road. Drive up the steep hill and you will find Clevedon Road on your left, turn in here and number 32 is the second house on the left.
Route without the narrow regulated vehicle access: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed out of the village and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck, some new terrace houses, pass a Peugeot garage on the left, and carry on to the roundabout, take the 3rd exit into Overdown Road, 2nd right into Carlisle Road, first left into Clevedon Road and continue almost to the end, and number 32 will be found towards the end of the road on the right.
Post Code: RG31 6RL
Services: all mains, including gas.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: Reading Borough, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.