- Detached character country house
- 4 bedrooms
- Wonderful kitchen/ breakfast living room
- In first class order throughout
- Well maintained and secluded gardens
- Tremendous light throughout and spacious accommodation
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- Exceptional sitting room
- Recently built double garage and ample parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Walking distance to village centre with splendid amenities ● Thatcham 2 miles ● Thatcham train station 2.5 miles ● Newbury 6 miles ● Pangbourne 9 miles ● Reading 12 miles
3,172 sq ft / 295m²
Gardens extending to 0.28 acre/ 0.1 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty detached 4 bedroom character house. An innovative property design with large windows giving tremendous light to the interior and pretty views to the front over woodland. Craftsmen built to a very high specification some 7 years ago by a local family firm.
Overlooking the famous Bucklebury Common, noted for its rural beauty flora and fauna, Denbar is set in a peaceful rural lane, within walking distance of the village centre with its village primary school, shop, the Cottage Inn pub/restaurant, village hall with many events, and tennis courts with tennis club,
This is a very sought-after part of the world, scenically beautiful, with lots of footpath for walks and bridle paths for equestrian enthusiasts.
• The fabulous kitchen/living room with large dining area. The kitchen has a central island which is also a breakfast bar. A fitted double electric oven, fitted dishwasher, Samsung digital inverter fridge with large low level pull out deep freezer drawers. Natural polished oak plank flooring throughout the kitchen and living room
• The elegant sitting room with wood burning stove, large picture windows and French doors opening onto the rear terrace and gardens
• Very large reception hall with floor to ceiling glazed panel picture window overlooking the front, wide entrance door and natural polished oak plank flooring
• The rooms are all spacious, well-proportioned and well-fitted
• Oak panelled doors throughout
• Large galleried landing overlooking the reception hall
• Purpose designed ground floor bedroom with ground floor shower room
• Large laundry room with plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, with stable door to side entrance
• Top of the range bathrooms and shower rooms
• Gardens to both front and rear have both been professionally landscaped and planted with all manner of trees, shrubs, enjoying a number of raised beds, well-maintained lawns. In the rear there is a stone paved summer dining area, high close boarded secure fencing, and a further high-level stone paved terrace area
• Timber constructed out building fully lined with painted floor, power and light with window overlooking the garden
• Large garden store with double door access and side entrance giving access from the front of the property for storage
• Detached double garage, recently constructed, fully insulated, with plaster lined interior walls, and laminated floor, electric heating, lighting and power, with side access and Seceuroglide remote control roll up garage doors. This might make a useful gymnasium due to the high quality of construction and fitting
• Very high levels of insulation throughout the property
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, study, kitchen/living room with dining area, laundry room, 3 bedrooms on the 1st floor, the principal bedroom having a large dressing room and large ensuite shower room, family bathroom, ground floor shower room and bedroom 4/family room.
Gardens extending to 0.28 acres / 0.1 hectares.
Gardens to both front and rear have both been professionally landscaped and well planted with all manner of trees, shrubs, raised beds, ornamental trees and well-maintained lawns. In the rear there is a stone paved summer dining area, high close boarded secure fencing, and a further high-level stone paved terrace BBQ area.
2 large garden stores, double detached fully insulated garage, with plaster lined interior walls, and laminated floor, electric heating, lighting and power, with side access and Seceuroglide remote control roll up garage doors.
Local Facilities: Bucklebury Common is one of the most sought-after locations in the area due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities within walking distance include a village shop, church, primary school and highly regarded Cottage Inn pub with restaurant. The village hall hosts many events throughout the year and there are tennis courts and a thriving tennis club. There is also a bmx track, and children's playground. The area provides endless opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits.
Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pubs, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull Inn. There is a health centre 2 minutes away in Chapel Row.
The property is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield. Kennet secondary school catchment - In its most recent inspection, Ofsted has given Kennet School an overall rating of Outstanding, the inspection details are correct as of March 31, 2019.
Directions: From Bradfield Southend, head onto the Avenue of Oaks, passing the Bladebone pub on your left, proceed along the road until you reach Upper Bucklebury, go past the village hall on the left with its tennis courts and pass The Cottage Inn pub on your right, when you reach Peach's Garage on the left, turn right into Little Lane. Proceed down Little Lane turning left at the crossroads. Proceed along this short lane flanked by Bucklebury Common and take the next turning on the left, Briff Lane, and Denbar will be found a few houses down on the left hand side with high close boarded timber gates giving access.
Post Code: RG7 6RD
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, oil fired boiler
Gigaclear ultra-fast fibre broadband is available, but not connected
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.