- An impressive detached village property in a prime location
- Walk to shops, doctors surgery, train to London or Oxford
- Private & secluded
- Lots of potential to extend STPP
- Heathrow 40 mins drive
- Peaceful location, set off a no-through road
- Large gardens & grounds with a beautiful period wall to the full length of the rear boundary
- Light & bright
- South facing gardens with swimming pool
Walking distance to village shops, amenities, train station, Doctors surgery, Heathrow airport 40 mins (approx) ● Reading 5 miles ● M4 (J. 12) 5 miles (all distances/times are approximate)
2,950 sq ft / 274 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.45 acre/ 0.18 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
An impressive detached 5-bedroom modern country house, constructed in the classic Georgina Palladian style with distinctive red brick quoining, a bold entrance porch with plain Doric columns and a traditional fan light window over the imposing double door entrance.
Situated in one of the most important positions in this peaceful and exclusive, no-through road. It is almost impossible to find such a splendid spacious house in the area, enjoying such peace and seclusion.
Within easy walking distance to the centre of the village with its wonderful riverside pubs, restaurants, amenities, easy access to Pangbourne train station with direct connection to London Paddington. Heathrow airport 40 mins (approx)
Russet House is an elegant family house, constructed to exacting standards by the well-known local builder JM Wakefield, in 1989, renowned for their high-quality workmanship and finish and Russet House is a fine example of their work.
The present owners have thoroughly enjoyed their residence here for some 29 years. Set in the largest plot within Breedons Hill, with southerly aspect well maintained rear gardens, planted with a variety of trees, shrubs, perennial plants. There is a 28ft heated outdoor swimming pool.
Great privacy and security afforded by the high evergreen hedges which surround the property and the period high red brick wall running the width of the rear garden with an exclusive gated entrance drive from Breedons Hill.
* Very large sash windows throughout giving lots of light and pretty views
* High ceilings in keeping with the Georgian style
* Double entrance doors give access to a splendid reception hall with a fine staircase rising gracefully to the first-floor galleried landing
* Garden room designed in the style of an earlier period Orangery, has a wonderful domed roof with electric sun screen shutters
* Kitchen with breakfast area is fully fitted with a range of cupboard and drawers, fitted gas hob, electric oven and grill, dishwasher, peninsular island breakfast bar with tiled polished terracotta flooring, archway giving access to the breakfast area
* Drawing room has an open fire currently fitted with a gas homemaker convection fire unit and French doors opening into the garden room
* To the front of the property is a wide brick laid entrance drive with a pair of high wrought iron electric gates accessing a large courtyard in front of the property with car parking for a number of cars, and access to the double garage.
* Large galleried landing with windows overlooking the front courtyard
* Splendid oval dining room
* Principal bedroom with a 3 window bay giving lots of light and pretty views over the rear garden, walk through dressing area and ensuite shower room
* Main guest bedroom has an ensuite shower room
* Well fitted modern family bathroom
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, drawing room, orangery/garden room, cloakroom, dining room, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 5 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms. Detached double garage.
Gardens: Immediately to the rear of the property is a large terrace area for summer dining with an attractive period high red brick wall running the width of the rear boundary. The gardens curl round to the left-hand side of the property where a 28ft heated outdoor swimming pool will be found. There is a concealed pool house with the filtration and heating equipment.
Gardens & Grounds 0.45 acre/ 0.18 hectare
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, The Boat house Doctors surgery, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. There are many wonderful farm shops in the locality, and a Waitrose in Tilehurst.
By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park, the National Trust property, features a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with fast train services to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon benefit from Crossrail.
Excellent schools: Russet House is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools and Pangbourne College is within walking distance. Within easy driving distance are; Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, pass over the mini roundabout passing the Elephant Hotel on your right, pass the Cross Keys pub on your left and on leaving the village Breedons Hill will be found a short distance along on the right-hand side. Russet House is the 4th house on the left-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7AT
Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band H.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.