- Individually designed country house
- Second study upstairs potential bedroom 5
- Kitchen/breakfast room refitted to a high standard
- High level terraces to both front and rear
- Single garage with workshop and store
- 4 double bedrooms
- Ensuite to principal bedroom and replacement family bathroom
- Large excellent garden room
- Rear garden enjoying south westerly sun
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Theale train station 5 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● Pangbourne 7 miles (all distances/timings approximate
2, 661 sq ft / 247 m²
Gardens extending to 0.24 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
An outstanding, individually designed detached 4 bedroom country house, facing fields to both front and rear on the edge of this sought after, family orientated village.
The Orchard is in splendid order throughout, enjoying a large sunny plot on high ground, constructed approx. 25 years ago. This is a spacious, light family house with a galleried landing with window overlooking the front gardens and enjoying fine views, over natural countryside.
In excellent decorative order, having been updated to include replacement windows, the family bathroom and kitchen/breakfast room, and the principal bedroom enjoying a dressing room with fitted wardrobes and a large ensuite shower room.
Walking distance to the highly regarded village school, the Beenham Club, Village Hall, the Six Bells pub which has been refurbished by new tenants and serves food, the village allotments, village green with children's play area, and church. The village hosts many events and clubs. Beenham is only a short drive to Bradfield Southend and Upper Bucklebury, both of which have village shops.
This is a proper village with a heart in a peaceful and sleepy rural area with the countryside noted to be of outstanding rural beauty.
• This is a very peaceful rural spot, yet with excellent nearby villages and towns for amenities and transport links
• The kitchen/breakfast room has been refitted to a very high standard by the present owners with a comprehensive selection of high and low level cupboard units, Siemens 4 ring induction hob with extractor over, Siemens electric double oven, peninsular breakfast bar, fitted dishwasher, undermounted 1½ bowl sink with mixer taps and Quooker hot tap, polished quartz silestone worksurfaces. There is walkthrough access to the garden room, utility room and dining room, with Karndean flooring which extends to the garden room
• Utility room has range of cupboards, plumbing for washing machine and space for a tumble dryer
• Sitting room has a brick feature fireplace with old Bessamer beam fitted across, and fitted with an oil-fired stove in the style of a wood burning stove
• High ceilings with ancient exposed beams introduced in the sitting room, dining room, reception hall
• High level terrace dining areas to both front and rear
• Dining room has sliding patio doors to the rear gardens
• Large excellent garden room overlooking the rear gardens, with French doors opening onto the patio
• Front gardens have a wide driveway access with parking for a number of cars, with access to a single integral garage, high wrought iron remote controlled gates secure the access, high hedges on all boundaries giving privacy
• Rear garden enjoys south-westerly sun, has a large decked seating area, for summer dining, stone flagged patio the width of the property, well-maintained lawns, herbaceous borders and shrubberies on both sides, and concealed by hedges, a glazed potting shed, garden machinery and tool store with power and light
• Integral garage has a workshop and a cellar
• Short distance from the property there is a footpath giving long walks through natural countryside
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, dining room, cloakroom, study, kitchen/breakfast room, garden room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, landing with 2nd study, family bathroom, 4 double bedrooms, ensuite and dressing room to bedroom 1, integral single garage with workshop and store.
Gardens: Front gardens have a wide driveway access with parking for a number of cars, with access to a single integral garage, high wrought iron remote controlled gates secure the entrance, high hedges on all boundaries giving privacy.
Rear garden enjoys south-westerly sun, has a large decked seating area, for summer dining, stone flagged patio the width of the property, well-maintained lawns, herbaceous borders and shrubberies on both sides, and concealed by hedges, a glazed potting shed, garden machinery and tool store with power and light.
Gardens extending to 0.24 acre (approx.)
Local Facilities: The Orchard is within easy walking distance of the excellent Six Bells pub with restaurant, an ancient church, and the fine village hall and club with all sorts of activities throughout the year.
There are lots of footpaths and bridle paths, and the village is surrounded by wonderful open farmland and is within an area of outstanding natural beauty. The nearby villages of Bradfield Southend, Chapel Row and Upper Bucklebury offer village shops, a post office and many leisure activities, tennis courts, pitches and events.
Yet there is very easy access to the M4 Junction 12 at Theale only 10 minutes by car, and train stations at Theale, Pangbourne and Aldermaston offering commuter links.
There are supermarkets at Calcot and Thatcham. Pangbourne village, on the Thames, is approximately 15 minutes drive.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Beenham has a village primary school, as well as a pre-school. The village is also within the catchment for the sought-after Woolhampton primary school. Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School.
Directions: From the Bradfield direction, follow the signs towards Beenham, when you see a sign 'priority to oncoming vehicles' turn immediately right before the sign into The Orchard which has wrought iron gates, opposite a 5 bar gate on the left.
Post Code: RG7 5NS
Services: Mains eater, drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating.
EPC Rating: Band D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.