- Stunning location
- Secluded and private location
- 5,738 sq ft / 533 sq m
- 6 double bedrooms
- Gardens and grounds extending to 1.67 acres approx
- No onward chain
- Train station within 0.5 miles
- Set well into its plot
- Outbuildings, triple garage, workshop
- Constructed to a high specification
Midgham train station 0.5 mile ● Thatcham train station 3.7 miles ● Newbury 8 miles ● Pangbourne 9 miles M4 (J.13) 6 miles (all distances and timings are approximate)
5,738 sq ft / 533 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to approx. 1.67 acres / 0.67 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
No onward chain.
A splendid detached 6 bedroom modern country house of character constructed in 1992 to high specifications, occupying a wonderful location and enjoying complete seclusion and privacy.
Rosewood House is surrounded by its marvellous extensive informal gardens and grounds with wooded boundaries and entered by a long private drive keeping the house well away from a public road, this is a wonderful family house set in an area of outstanding rural beauty and tranquillity.
All the main reception rooms and bedrooms have wonderful views over the gardens and land belonging to the property and the whole property has been maintained with scrupulous care.
Easy walking distance to Elstree schools and nursery, and the village primary school. There are stations with fast links to London Paddington nearby, as well as many excellent local pubs and amenities.
• Kitchen / breakfast room is a fabulous area, with limestone flagged flooring, extensive range of high and low level cupboard and drawers in polished oak, fitted Bosch dishwasher, fitted Bosch oven, Neff 5 ring induction hob over, extractor fan, wide polished granite worksurfaces and splashback, double bowl sink, breakfast bar, fitted Bosch fridge, fitted oak window seat with storage, large cool ventilated pantry cupboard, breakfast area/living area is spectacular with vaulted ceiling, high windows and French doors giving access to the rear and side terrace and gardens directly overlooking the pretty summerhouse
• Drawing room has triple aspect windows, and French doors accessing the rear gardens and a large Inglenook fireplace and polished beech flooring
• Sitting room has French doors to the rear terrace and has a wood burning stove fitted and polished beech flooring
• The large and imposing reception hall, with hardwood staircase and balustrade rising to the galleried landing with a large window giving lots of light
• Dining room has attractive cornicing to the ceiling, French doors to the garden, and could easily take a large table which seats 10
• Reception hall and dining room hardwood flooring in cherry by Junckers
• All ground floor doors are raised and fielded panelled hardwood
• Windows throughout are hardwood and primary double glazed
• Large utility room with sink and chest freezer, large store cupboard and access to the integrated garage
• Substantially constructed of red brick under a tiled roof with wavey edge elm to the first floor over the garage block which has 3 bays, a workshop and a vehicle inspection pit
• High ceilings throughout, with large windows giving lots of light and wonderful views
• Principal bedroom has built in wardrobes, large fully tiled wet room shower, French doors open onto a balcony, a natural sun trap overlooking the rear gardens
• Further four bedrooms, all good-sized doubles
• Games room/bedroom 6. The full-size snooker table was made by E.J. Reilly Ltd of Accrington, and will remain in the property as part of the sale
• The large very useful modern store/workshop building with a lawned path leading from the front forecourt
• Very pretty and large summer house with vaulted ceiling, and 2 sets of French doors opening onto the gardens
• Rhino greenhouse
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility, pantry, cloakroom. First floor; 6 bedrooms, bedroom 6 currently used as a games room, 3 bathrooms, to include the ensuite to the principal bedroom.
Large integrated triple garage. Summer house. Open barn/store, large secure garden store.
Note. Solar Panels: 3.6 kW PV Solar panel installation yielding an income of approximately £1600 per annum in feed in tariff (FIT) payments from the government. The FIT payments are index linked and have approx. 14.5 years left to run.
Gardens: The extensive grounds are mainly laid to lawn and flanked by many types of mature trees, with the front garden lawns sweeping out to rhododendron shrubberies and further areas of woodland.
There is a large flagstone terrace to both the sides and rear of the property, giving plenty of space for summer dining and entertaining. To one side a BBQ area, and to the other, steps lead up from the terrace to well-maintained lawns and a large, pretty summer house. A vegetable garden is shielded from the house by high well maintained yew hedges with an arched entrance with redcurrant and gooseberry trees, and an aluminium greenhouse. Large open barn/store and wood store.
There is a large forecourt with plenty of space for a number of cars, and an integrated triple garage.
Gardens & grounds extending to 1.67 acres / 0.67 hectare approx.
Local facilities: Woolhampton village has an active and vibrant community and is located between the towns of Reading and Newbury, lying on the northern edge of the river Kennet, with many pretty footpaths, cycle paths and bridleways surrounding the village.
Village amenities include an excellent village shop, a modern village hall with an adjacent playing park. There are a number of excellent pubs in the vicinity; the Angel and the Rowbarge, which is situated alongside the river Kennet next to the swing bridge. Other pubs and restaurants in the area include The Bladebone at Chapel Row, The Boot Inn at Stanford Dingley, The Royal Oak at Yattendon, and The Pot Kiln at Frilsham, with many serving a range of award-winning real ales from West Berkshire Brewery.
The M4 is just a few miles away and provides easy vehicular access to London and the West Country. Midgham train station is just a ½ mile away, which gives fast train connections to Reading and London Paddington. Just along the A4 is Thatcham, which boasts another train station and a fine selection of shops including a Waitrose.
There is a wonderful sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. Bradfield College also has a 9-hole golf course and membership is available.
Excellent schools: The property is within the catchment of the village primary school and is easy walking distance to Elstree, an independent day and boarding Nursery, Pre-Prep and Prep School. Within easy driving distance there is; St Andrews Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Pangbourne College, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Downe House, Bradfield College, Cranford House, The Oratory, Moulsford Prep, and a little further afield, The Abbey School, The Manor Prep, Abingdon School, Abingdon Prep, Radley College, and St Helen & St Katharine.
Directions: From the A4, with The Angel Pub (RG7 5RT) on your right, turn right into Woolhampton Hill, proceed up the hill for 0.2 mile, you will see a low grey flagged wall running along the right side of the road and on the left a parking/turning area, turn right into a private drive, which runs at a tight angle to the road, bear left just before the wrought iron gates at the entrance to Kennet Orley, this leads to the forecourt of Rosewood House''.
Post Code: RG7 5SY
Services: Mains water, electricity, oil, modern septic tank drainage. Water softener. High speed Gigaclear available.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.