- A detached 2 bedroom dwelling with mooring
- 24 ft River Thames mooring with fishing rights
- Total plot 150 ft / 45.7 m deep (approx) x 24 ft/ 7.3 m wide
- One of the last remaining undeveloped properties in the No thru River Gardens
- 7 minute walk (approx) to village convenience store
- Easy access to Tilehurst station (1.8 mile approx)
- Within easy access to the Thames path, allowing wonderful walks for miles in either direction
- Walk to Mad Duck cafe and social club
- Plenty of off road parking to the front
- For the river lover & boating enthusiast, this is a little part of heaven
Tilehurst station 1.7 miles ● Pangbourne 2 miles ● Reading 5 miles (all distances are approximate)
646 sq ft / 60 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A rare opportunity to acquire a detached 2 bedroom single storey riverside property, directly overlooking the River Thames, with approximately 24ft river frontage with mooring and fishing rights.
There is tremendous potential for redevelopment, with the plot measuring approximately 24 ft/ 7.31 m wide x 150 ft / 45.7 m.
This is one of the very few remaining original riverside properties set on the exclusive and private River Gardens, a very idyllic, and unspoilt stretch of the river. Overlooking the beautiful broad reach of the Thames, to the far bank with the fields owned by the Mapledurham Estate, and majestic trees and wooded hillsides in the distance.
For the river lover and boating enthusiast, this is a little part of heaven.
• Sitting room looks directly over the river
• Kitchen/breakfast room overlooks the rear garden. Lamona single electric oven, 4 ring gas hob, extractor, wide working surfaces, plumbing for a washing machine, fitted fridge freezer
• Modern shower room with pressurised water system
• Interior is neat and tidy
• Worcester gas fired boiler
• River gardens is a private road with no through access
• With easy access to the Thames Path, allowing wonderful walks for miles in either direction
• Easy walk to the local village convenience store/shop (7 mins walk-approx.) and a short drive to Tilehurst station (approx. 1.8 miles) and Waitrose
Summary of accommodation: Sitting room, two bedrooms, shower room, kitchen/breakfast room.
Gardens: Greenhouse, garden store, lawns, and shrubberies. Off street parking for two cars to the front, a small high-level terrace and side access leading to the rear gardens.
Local facilities: Purley-on-Thames has a thriving and active community and is perfectly situated to enjoy the best of the River Thames and surrounding countryside, whilst giving excellent transport links with shops and amenities nearby.
Tilehurst train station is nearby, giving fast train connections to London Paddington and Reading. Reading town centre is 5 miles, with a bus route via the Oxford Road to Reading and neighbouring towns and the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is just 4.5 miles (all mileages are approximate).
The village shop which has an off-licence is within walking distance, as is the popular Mad Duck café and social club. Waitrose is situated a few minutes' drive away, as is the thriving village of Pangbourne which has a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs, and fine restaurants.
Excellent schools: River Gardens is close to the Purley primary school, Westwood Farm infant school (Ofsted rated outstanding), and within the catchment is Denefield Secondary school.
Directions: From Pangbourne, upon entering Purley on Thames, pass over the first roundabout, straight over the traffic lights and take the next left into New Hill, signposted to St Mary's Church. Proceed over the railway bridge, bear right into St Mary's Avenue and immediately left into Colyton Way. Pass the off-licence and local shop, at the end, turn right into Wintringham Way, pass Mad Duck café on left, proceed to the end of the road, pass the no entry sign and at the river bear round to the right. No.12 River Gardens will be found a short distance along on the right.
Post Code: RG8 8BX
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water, and drainage. Gas fired central heating. Broadband connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band C.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.