- A charming 3 bedroom detached period cottage, valuably unlisted. Dating from the early 17th century
- An outstanding property that has been the subject of a thorough and tasteful refurbishment
- Purpose-built detached annexe comprising of a large bedroom/ sitting room and shower room
- Good sized, south facing gardens
- Stunning kitchen/ living/ breakfast room with bi-fold doors
- En suite WC and basin to bedroom 1, En suite shower room to det annexe, good sized family bathroom
- Primary and secondary double glazing
- Utility area
- Off road parking
- Overlooking the beautiful St James the Less Church
Heart of the village ● Easy level walking to shops, amenities & station ● Reading 5 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles (all distances are approximate)
1,485 sq ft / 138 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty 3-bedroom detached period cottage, valuably unlisted. Dating from the early 17th century, this outstanding property has recently been the subject of a thorough and tasteful refurbishment, restoration, and extension, to include a purpose-built detached annexe comprising of a large bedroom/sitting room and shower room.
Good sized, south-facing rear garden has been relandscaped to include a large ceramic tiled sun terrace for summer dining and entertaining, with bi-fold door access from the new kitchen/living/breakfast room.
Note : Planning permission in place for two 1st floor roof lights to the rear of bedroom 1 and 2.
En suite to bedroom 1 and potentially bedroom 2 if required - planning permission and floor plan available upon request.
Blue Dawes has extensive off-street parking, and excellent ceiling heights. The property overlooks to the front the fine ancient church, St James the Less.
• Outstanding, spacious large kitchen/living/breakfast room with skylight and bi-fold doors opening onto the sun terrace. A wonderful central island breakfast bar, wide quartz working surfaces, Siemens stainless steel 5 ring gas hob, fitted Bosch single oven, fitted Bosch oven/microwave, fitted Neff dishwasher
• Utility area with Bosch washing machine, tumble dryer, Samsung fridge freezer with water/ice dispenser, and Ideal gas boiler
• Kitchen/living room has ceramic tiled flooring, with plenty of room for dining table
• Modern garden annexe studio, with French doors which open onto a ceramic tiled terrace. Interior is light and bright and highly insulated with central heating. Grey oak effect flooring, and a pretty ensuite shower room with thermostatically controlled shower
• Beautifully fitted bathroom with modern oval bath tub and shower cubicle
• Two front rooms have oak planked flooring, one is used as a formal dining room, the other a sitting room
• Under floor heating to the kitchen/ dining/ living room
• Sitting room with original fireplace with wood burning stove
• Bedroom 1 has an ensuite cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
• Bedroom 2 has fitted wardrobes and both bedrooms have useful storage cupboards
• Introduction of a new staircase
• Primary double-glazed windows to kitchen/living room and annexe, secondary double glazing to first floor bedrooms
Summary of accommodation: Kitchen/living/breakfast room, utility area, dining room, sitting room, 3 bedrooms (to include annexe bedroom), large family bathroom, ensuite cloakroom to bedroom 1, ensuite shower room to annexe bedroom.
Gardens: Gardens to the rear have well maintained lawns, raised beds for flowers/vegetables, ceramic tiled terrace to both main house and annexe. Close boarded fencing surrounds the large limestone chipped car parking area.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants, and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading (Elizabeth Line). Waitrose can be found in Tilehurst, approx. 3 miles away.
Excellent schools: Blue Daws is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools and Pangbourne College is within walking distance. Just a short drive are; Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, pass over the mini roundabout, and turn immediately right up Pangbourne Hill. Blue Daws will be found a short distance on the left-hand side. Park on the drive.
Post Code: RG8 7AS
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage. Gas central heating to main house and electric central heating to annexe.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Council. Band D.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.