- An imposing period building, originally a water tower
- Stunning living room with vaulted ceiling
- Polished oak doors throughout
- A short drive to Pangbourne's shops, amenities and train station to Oxford & London
- Total refurbishment and refitting throughout the property
- Beautifully fitted kitchen
- 3 shower rooms, 2 are ensuite
- Sunny gardens enjoying south westerly aspect
- Large gardens
- Primary double glazed throughout
Pangbourne village & station 2 miles ● M4 Junction 12 - 2.5 miles ● Reading 7 miles
(all distances are approximate)
1,677 sq ft / 156 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 3 / 4 bedroom detached conversion of a fine Victorian property creating a unique country house with spacious accommodation, full of character and refitted to the highest specifications.
Set amongst very beautiful countryside. within an area of outstanding natural beauty, with lots of footpaths and bridlepaths in the vicinity.
* Imposing original water tower - the tower is now the main entrance
* Extremely large and light kitchen/living room with a vaulted ceiling and wide wood planked flooring
* Kitchen with its white onyx worksurfaces, breakfast bar, Rangemaster cooking unit with double oven, grill, warming drawer, ceramic 3 ring hob with warming plate. Stainless steel splashback and cooker hood over. Fitted dishwasher, fitted fridge and freezer, large pantry unit with shelves, extensive range of high- and low-level cupboards and drawers
* Sitting room with double French doors giving access to the gardens.
* Utility room/cloakroom with washer/dryer and oil-fired boiler, wash, WC, heated towel rail
* Principal bedroom and bedroom 3 have ensuite luxury shower rooms
* Polished oak doors throughout
* Total refurbishment and refitting with conversion including all new central heating, electrics, flooring, kitchen and joinery. Pressurised hot water system with Megaflo and pressurised indirect cylinder
* New private water system and sewage treatment plant (shared with neighbouring property)
* Primary double-glazed windows throughout
Summary of accommodation: Imposing reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/living room, cloakroom/utility room, 3 bedrooms, 2 ensuite shower rooms, family shower room.
Gardens: Large gardens. Outside the property is a large gravel driveway, with parking for several vehicles and a turnaround, side gate gives access to the rear garden.
The rear garden has a south westerly aspect, and includes a paved terrace for summer dining and BBQs with well maintained lawns. To the north of the house there is a wild garden and disused garage, with an additional access track. Shared right of way with the neighbouring property, Hogmoor House.
Local Facilities: There are delightful walks from the property by way of footpaths and bridleways. Horse riding stables and livery stables a short drive away at Buckhold and Upper Basildon. There is a first-class fitness and tennis centre at Bradfield College which is open to membership with a fine indoor swimming pool, gym, squash courts, indoor and outdoor tennis courts. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few. Large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury's within easy driving distance. Pangbourne and Theale have train stations offering fast commuter links to London.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area – Pangbourne College is nearby, Bradfield College is within easy access, as is St Andrew's Preparatory School, Moulsford Boys School, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant Hotel. Turn right into Pangbourne Hill, and proceed up this road, turning second left into Bere Court Road. Continue until you reach a crossroads. Cross straight over into Dark Lane. A short distance along on the left-hand side turn left at the sign for Maidenhatch Stud Farm and Maidenhatch Farm, etc. Proceed down this drive, and Hogmoor House and The Pump House will be found on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8HP
Services: Electricity, private water supply, private drainage system.
Gigaclear superfast broadband connection available.
Note 1. Responsibility for maintenance of the private water and private drainage system shared with the adjacent cottage; Hogmoor House 40%/60%.
Note 2. Shared driveway entrance with Hogmoor House which passes through Hogmoor House front gardens and down the side of the house to the gravel paring area belonging to the Pump House.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, TBC
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.