- A delightful Victorian property
- 2 double bedrooms
- Beautiful period features
- Sought after village
- Excellent nearby transport links
- Walk to village school, playground/green and pub
- Pangbourne Office: 0118 984 2662
Didcot town centre 2.2 miles ● Didcot Parkway 3 miles ● Wallingford 3 miles ● A34 10 minutes drive (all distances/times are approximate)
928 sq ft / 86m² (all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 2 bedroom semi-detached house, part of a very pretty Victorian cottage built in 1827 for the church as the village primary school.
The front entrance has a gothic arch, typical of the period. The porch is flanked by stone mullion windows on each side and there is a fine example of a further stone mullion window which can be seen within the interior to the sitting room and main bedroom.
There is a small south facing garden area measuring approx. 8' x 9' which could be used if required, to include a small table and chairs and BBQ area, with perhaps the introduction of a picket gate to the front wall. It should be noted this is the only garden area which belongs to the property.
South Moreton has a thriving village community, whilst benefiting from being in close proximity to tremendous shopping facilities and amenities in both Didcot and Wallingford. Didcot Parkway offers fast train links to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading for commuters.
* Kitchen/dining room will easily hold a table to seat 6 people, there are a number of cream painted cupboards and drawers, wide working surfaces, a sink unit with mixer tap, large window overlooking the front, fitted Baumatic stainless steel cooking range with double oven, 5 ring ceramic hob, stainless steel and glass extractor over. Centrally positioned is an original red brick chimney breast and hearth, the fireplace fitted with a multifuel woodburning stove. There is a large understairs storage cupboard
* Gothic Lodge has been a wonderful home for more than 30 years and more recently let out
* Potential above the utility room/ hall / store to put a bathroom upstairs (subject to LAPP)
* Throughout the property there are high ceilings with lovely old windows giving lots of light
* Both bedrooms are doubles with fitted wardrobes
* Bathroom on the ground floor has a thermostatically controlled shower unit over the bath and has been refitted to a high standard of recent times
* Unusually for a cottage of this size there is a separate utility room and boot room
* Small area to the right of the entrance porch which is enclosed and might be a useful area for bicycles, prams etc.
* In the sitting room, to one side of the staircase, there is a fitted desk unit
* Utility room has plumbing for a washing machine, work surfaces, a stainless-steel single bowl sink unit and quarry tiled floor
* Staircase rises gracefully to a half landing with a Velux window and on the landing, there is a large airing cupboard
* Boot room is an excellent storage area, and houses the Vaillant gas boiler
* All the windows except the 2 small windows within the boot and utility room are double glazed
* Majority of the ground floor walls have been insulated
Summary of accommodation: Entrance porch, entrance lobby, utility room, boot room, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, ground floor bathroom, 2 bedrooms on the first floor.
Gardens: Small courtyard garden. Enclosed area for bicycles/bins etc.
Local facilities: South Moreton is a popular village, with a community run pub The Crown, a village green with children's playground and a boxing & fitness club.
The countryside surrounding South Moreton is noted to be of outstanding rural beauty and footpaths are within easy access enabling very pretty walks through open countryside. This is also excellent riding country with the nearby Downs giving access to gallops, bridle paths and the Blewbury Riding Centre for the equestrian enthusiast.
Wallingford, on the River Thames, is a few minutes' drive away and offers fantastic walks, riverside pubs, restaurants, a Waitrose supermarket, many independent and popular shops, a fine antiques centre and regular farmer's markets. Didcot is home to many popular high street retailers and its supermarkets include Sainsbury's, Tesco and Aldi, there are numerous banks, cafes, health services, leisure centres, an arts centre and a multiplex cinema.
Didcot Parkway is a mainline station offering superb commuter links to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading (Crossrail). The A34 is only a 10 minutes' drive, offering easy links to both the M4 and the M40.
Schools: South Moreton has its own primary and pre-school. The village is inside the catchment area for Didcot Girls School which is Ofsted rated as outstanding, and St Birinus (Didcot boy's school).
Directions: Upon entering South Moreton with the Crown Public House on your left, proceed along the High Street, and the property will be found on the right-hand side after the school.
Post Code: OX11 9AD
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band B.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.