- Penthouse apartment with roof garden
- Beautiful Edwardian building
- Easy walk to Pangbourne's shops and amenities
- Roof terrace private to this apartment
- Off road parking
- 2 beds, 2 bath/ shower
- Superb views over Whitchurch village and to the hills in the distance
- Very good condition throughout
- Good sized sitting room/ dining room
- Communal cellar storage
Walking distance to Pangbourne shops, amenities and station ● Walk to local pubs ● Reading 6 miles (all distances approximate)
797 sq ft / 74 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 2 double bedroom, 2 bathroom (shower room) penthouse apartment with wonderful roof garden, part of a sympathetically converted Edwardian house, set within the heart of this famous Thames side village.
The Mount is set on high ground, and number 6 enjoys splendid views across the Thames valley, across to the Chiltern hills. Uniquely, this apartment does not have a party wall, so there are no noise issues.
Fitted to a high specification throughout, the apartment is light with lots of windows, with high ceilings and is very secure. Situated within easy walking distance of two fine village pubs, the primary school, River Thames, and Pangbourne centre with its train, specialist shops, and amenities.
* The very special roof garden has scenic far-reaching views, with splendid planters, and is a wonderful place for entertaining and summer dining.
* Property is in fine decorative condition.
* Primary double-glazed windows introduced throughout.
* Kitchen has been updated of recent times to a high specification; Fisher & Paykel double door fridge with deep freezer drawer, 4 ring gas hob, extractor, Neff electric oven, Hotpoint dishwasher and LG washing machine/condenser dryer, wide working surfaces, stainless steel sink and drainer unit with window over giving fabulous views. Ceramic tiled flooring.
* Sitting room with dining area is light and bright, with large windows giving splendid views over the tree tops and rooftops of Whitchurch, to the Chilterns Hills in the distance.
* Both the bathroom and ensuite shower room have been fitted to a very high standard and are fully tiled. The bathroom has a thermostatic shower.
* Two double bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes.
* Large private car parking area.
* Roof garden has electric lighting and water tap.
Summary of accommodation: Private hallway, large sitting room with dining area, kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, ensuite shower room, large store room, cellar.
Secure main entrance to the large baronial communal hall, with Videx telecom to the front door with door opening facility.
Local facilities: The Mount is within easy walking distance of two pubs; The Greyhound and The Ferryboat Inn, as well as beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths, bridle paths and the Thames Path.
Pangbourne is a few minutes' walk, with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs.
Pangbourne train station gives fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing, SUP, and climbing instruction.
Schools: Whitchurch village primary school which has an outstanding record is a 5 minute walk. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote. Within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, left again at the mini roundabout and left again at the mini roundabout at The George Hotel. Proceed over the River Thames toll bridge and along the High Street. Turn right opposite the art gallery into Hardwick Road. Turn first right and this is the parking area for The Mount.
Post Code: RG8 7HW
Tenure: Leasehold with 999 years remaining.
The freehold of The Mount is owned by the Mount Management Company Whitchurch Limited. All leaseholders within The Mount automatically become Directors of this company; each owns a share in the Management Company and therefore becomes part owner of the freehold. The Management Company, therefore, is controlled by the flat owners, as are all servicing arrangements. Service charges are set at the moment at £135 per month.
This service charge covers buildings insurance, the cleaning of the interior hallway, staircases, windows, etc., maintenance of communal lighting and heating to the hallway, cost of electricity and general management expenses; also includes any roof repairs, the contract garden maintenance service which looks after all of the gravelled area of the car parking, flower beds and seasonal planting.
Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage, gas fired boiler, satellite connection, high speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band C
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.