- First class family house set in spacious gardens
- 5 double bedrooms
- Built to high standards, well maintained & updated
- Sought after, peaceful location, easy walk to village centre & station
- Pretty views from all windows
- Light, spacious with an excellent flow of accommodation
- Set in grounds extending to 0.3 acre
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (40/45 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
2,871 sq ft / 267 m²
Gardens & Grounds: 0.3 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
An attractive 5 bedroom detached modern country house situated on Cedar Drive, which has long been noted as one of the most sought after and exclusive no-through roads in Pangbourne, within easy walking distance of the village centre and station.
Winterbourne House was built to very high standards by the present owner some 30 years ago, and is offered to the market for the first time. This is a first-class family house with large windows giving lots of light, and a wonderful flow of accommodation.
The property enjoys a peaceful, secluded, and secure location in spacious gardens, and has been well-maintained. The décor is simple and elegant and the bathrooms have all been updated of recent times, with good quality fittings.
Cedar Drive is a short walk to riverside pubs and restaurants, the River Thames, a highly regarded primary school, church, specialist shops, amenities and the train station with fast commuter links to London Paddington.
• The accommodation is very flexible with 2 bedrooms on the ground floor, one with a bathroom and shower, one with an ensuite shower room
• Sitting room overlooking the rear gardens has an open fireplace and has sliding doors opening onto the terrace and rear gardens
• Kitchen is fully fitted with an extensive range of cupboards, Siemens electric oven, fitted fridge, fitted Panasonic microwave, a seating area to hold a breakfast table and sliding doors opening onto the terrace and rear gardens. It would be simple to extend the kitchen/breakfast room into one of the adjoining rooms
• All 5 bedrooms are doubles. One is extremely large and presently used as a study/sitting room but could make a fabulous principal bedroom
• The principal bedroom lies over the downstairs cloakroom, so introducing an ensuite would not be difficult
• Pretty views from all the windows
• Large utility/laundry room, well fitted and includes a Bosch and Beko washing machine and tumble dryer with cupboards, sink, free standing Zanussi freezer and Hotpoint fridge, and door to garage
• Large double garage with windows overlooking the garden and electric double doors
• Primary double glazing and high insulation throughout
Summary of accommodation:
Ground floor; Reception hall, cloakroom, dining room, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 2 bedrooms, 2 ensuite bath/shower rooms.
Large attached double garage
First floor; three bedrooms, family bathroom with shower and bath
Gardens: High hedges seclude the front boundary and the gardens surround the property. There is a raised terrace overlooking the rear gardens, which is a natural sun trap and perfect for summer entertaining. There are large well-maintained lawns with many specimen trees to include a Catalpa, a rare Indian bean tree which flowers in July. A brick laid forecourt provides lots of parking, and access to the double garage.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.3 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found approx. 3 miles away at Tilehurst.
Excellent schools: Winterbourne House is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant and Cross Keys pub. A short way down Tidmarsh Road, turn right into Flowers Hill, and then left into Cedar Drive and the property is the first on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7BH
Services: Mains water and drainage, electricity, gas. High speed broadband connected. New gas boiler installed 2022. Alarm.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.