- A spacious 3 bedroom apartment with communal lift. Over 55's
- Luxuriously fitted throughout
- 2 good sized reception rooms/areas and a good sized kitchen/breakfast room
- Balcony garden
- Walk to Pangbourne's shops, train station and amenities
- 2 bathrooms shower rooms (one ensuite)
- Lift is wide enough for a wheel chair if required
- Well-maintained communal gardens with electric gated entrance
- Well set back from the road
Easy level walking distance to village shops, amenities & station ● Reading 5 miles
● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles (all distances/times are approximate)
1,313 sq ft / 122 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A luxury 3 bedroom, first floor apartment, constructed by the well-known Beechcroft Developments in 2008, who are noted for their attention to detail and their exclusive developments. Restricted to purchasers over the age of 55.
Breedons Hill consists of 14 luxury houses, apartments, and lodge houses, set in very pretty and secluded, secure gated community within beautifully maintained landscaped communal gardens. Breedons Hill once belonged to a fine Georgian House which still lies adjacent.
Number 20 enjoys a small private garden balcony with room for table & chairs, with views over to St James the Less church in Pangbourne, accessed from the drawing room and bedroom 1.
The apartment is in excellent order throughout, with large double-glazed windows giving lots of light. There is a modern lift from the ground floor communal entrance and also a staircase. The lift is large enough for a wheelchair if required.
• Drawing room enjoys French doors opening onto the balcony. Double aspect windows, central stone fireplace fitted with a coal effect electric fire, double-glazed doors separate this room from the dining room
• Large kitchen/breakfast room with Juliet balcony and French doors giving views over the front landscaped gardens. Fitted with oak panelled units, wide working surfaces, Smeg dishwasher, Bosch 5 ring hob, extractor over, Bosch fitted double oven with grill, fitted fridge freezer, floor to ceiling pantry unit, plenty of space for a table and chairs
• Dining room is spacious
• Bedroom 1 has a door to balcony, triple range of fitted wardrobes, ensuite shower room with large shower. The shower room has a Jack and Jill access from the inner hall to serve bedroom 3
• Bedroom 2 is a double, with a fine bay window overlooking the very beautiful landscaped gardens, with fitted wardrobes, ensuite shower room with bath and shower
• Bedroom 3/study overlooks the rear gardens
• Large storage cupboard and airing cupboard
Summary of accommodation: Communal reception hall. Entrance lobby, drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, 3 bedrooms (bedroom 3 currently used as a study), family bathroom/ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, ensuite bathroom to bedroom 2.
Gardens: There are beautifully maintained landscaped communal gardens.
Easy access to a single garage within a separate detached block to the rear. Garage has electric up and over door, power, and light.
Secure pedestrian wrought iron gate to the footpath leading into Pangbourne. Pair of remote control wrought iron gates from Breedons Hill for pedestrian and vehicular access.
Note: Pets allowed with prior written consent, and at all times to keep such pets properly housed, and at all times to keep the same under proper control.
Local facilities: Easy level walking distance to Pangbourne village centre with its excellent shops, health centre, dentists, hairdressers, small supermarket, butcher, bakery, cheese shop, library, church, pubs and restaurants. The station offers links to Reading, London (Paddington) and Oxford.
There is a first-class fitness centre at Bradfield College which is open to membership with a very fine indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts and tennis courts. There are also plenty of excellent golf courses nearby; Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot.
The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury's, and various local farm shops, all within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout with The Elephant Hotel on the right. Follow the road for a short distance and turn right into Breedons Hill. Take the first right and access through the wrought iron gates and the property will be found on the left. Further instructions will be given at the appointment confirmation.
Post Code: RG8 7AT
Years remaining on lease: 982 years
Current ground rent payable in 2 instalments to Mainstay Asset Management £350 per annum
Ground rent review date: 2032
Annual Service charge in 2022 was £4,057 payable to Chaneys Chartered Surveyors and Property Managers, covers buildings insurance, exterior decoration, maintenance of gardens, driveway and parking areas, window cleaning and external lighting.
There is an Estate manager. Maintenance charges are audited annually
Should you proceed with the purchase of the property these details must be verified by a solicitor.
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas. Gas fired boiler, water softener, pressurised water system. Water fed underfloor heating.
Stainless steel ladder rack radiators/towel rails in bathrooms.
High speed broadband available. Security system installed. Front door entry system.
EPC Rating: B
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.