- A luxuriously fitted, and spacious 5 double bedroom house
- Fabulous kitchen with double doors onto the garden
- 3 very good sized bathrooms (2 ensuite)
- All bedrooms are doubles
- Good sized gardens wrap around the property
- Double garage
- Re fitted of recent times - Kitchen and all bathrooms
- Large / boarded loft
Tilehurst station 1.7 miles ● Pangbourne 1.3 miles ● Reading 5 miles (all distances are approximate)
3,358 sq ft / 312 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A substantial and imposing 5 bedroom detached family house. Individually designed, and constructed to exacting standards in 2007.
Lower House is finished, and maintained to the highest standards throughout. Set in good sized gardens, in an elevated and important position in perhaps the most sought-after residential road in Purley.
Pretty rural walks along the River Thames at Purley on Thames to Pangbourne and another lovely walk/ footpath directly off Beech Road.
Enjoying fantastic views across to the wooded Chiltern Hills, the property has undergone many improvements of recent times by the present owners, who have owned the property since 2018.
The property is within easy access of the train station, Waitrose supermarket, and only a short drive from Pangbourne, with its many amenities, riverside pubs, restaurants and shops.
• The spacious kitchen is the hub of the house. It has double aspect windows overlooking the gardens, and French doors opening onto the rear terrace for summer dining
• The kitchen has been beautifully refitted with limed oak effect flooring, quartz working surfaces, a central preparation island with quartz working surface, cupboards under and a breakfast bar which could seat 4.
• Fitted appliances include; Neff 5 ring ceramic hob, Franke down draft hidden extractor unit, Fisher & Paykel dual drawer dishwasher, wine cooler, Neff microwave oven, further oven with warming drawer, integrated fridge
• Drawing room has triple aspect windows, golden oak plank flooring, a coal effect gas fire, stone constructed fireplace, double French doors opening onto the rear terrace and garden
• Reception hall with oak and glass staircase leading to a galleried landing with a large window overlooking the side gardens
• Study is spacious, with fitted units and bay window
• Excellent family/play room or a dining room if required, with French doors opening onto the rear garden
• Utility room has quartz working surfaces, an extensive range of cupboards, plumbing for washing machine, space for condenser dryer and door to garden
• The principal bedroom is double aspect, with a large bench seat fitted to the bay window which gives fine rural views. Windows have plantation shutters, and there is an ensuite shower room and dressing area
• All 5 bedrooms are doubles with fitted wardrobes. Bedroom 2 has an ensuite and dressing area
• All bathrooms have been updated and the family bathroom and ensuite to bedroom 2 have both a shower and bath
• Large boarded loft with ladder
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, cloakroom, drawing room, study, family/play room, kitchen/dining room, utility room, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.
Gardens: Well-maintained lawns on all sides, landscaped gardens, herbaceous borders, paved terrace area for summer dining, high close-boarded fencing on all sides giving security and privacy, fine mature copper beech in one corner.
Brick driveway and forecourt secured by double electric wrought iron gates. Dual side access to the rear. Double attached garage with electric up and over doors. Garage houses the boiler, and has pedestrian access from rear garden. Garden store. Exterior lighting.
Local facilities: Purley-on-Thames has a thriving and active community and is perfectly situated to enjoy the best of the River Thames and surrounding countryside, whilst giving excellent transport links with shops and amenities nearby. There is a marina in Purley on Thames for the boating enthusiast, and lovely walks to be enjoyed in nearby Sulham woods.
Tilehurst train station is nearby, giving fast train connections to London Paddington and Reading. Reading town centre is 5 miles, with a bus route via the Oxford Road to Reading and neighbouring towns and the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is just 4.5 miles (all distances are approximate). Within a few minutes driving distance, is an excellent Waitrose.
Pangbourne is only a short distance down the road by car and has a fantastic selection of specialist shops including a fine butcher, a cheese shop, organic farm shop, doctors and dental practices, pubs and restaurants.
Local schools: There are many schools within the local area, to include Denefield secondary schools, Purley and Pangbourne primary schools and, in the private sector, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, The Oratory School, St Andrew's Prep, Cranford House, Downe House – all within easy driving distance.
Directions: Upon entering Purley from Pangbourne, Beech Road can be found on the right-hand side, and the property is the first on the left.
Post Code: RG8 8DS
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water, and drainage. Pressurised system with Megaflo ensuring all bathrooms have full pressured water. Dual zoned heating control for ground and first floors.
Drawing room and the bathrooms have underfloor heating, supplemented by radiators. Water softener. Security system. Gigaclear high speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: Band C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, band G.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.