- 3-4 minutes walk to the station and shops
- Spacious apartment living
- Ample car parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- Wonderful distant and river views
- Single garage and large storage cupboard
- No onward chain
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
914 sq ft / 85 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A 3 bedroom apartment within only 3-4 minutes' walk to the station and shops, set on high ground and enjoying wonderful views of the River Thames, the meadows beyond and the wooded Chiltern Hills rising in the distance.
This 3rd floor apartment has been kept in good order throughout. The sitting room and bedroom 2 both have large picture windows stretching from floor to ceiling, enabling the occupants to take full advantage of the wonderful rural and river views. This particular apartment enjoys some of the finest views within the whole development.
Hartslock Court is within easy walking distance of the village centre with all its fantastic shopping facilities, pubs and restaurants, train station with fast trains to London Paddington.
● Excellent decorative order throughout
● High security
● Well maintained communal gardens
● The private road access with lots of parking and a private garage owned by the property
● Primary double glazed replacement windows throughout
● There is a recently refitted megaflow high pressure water system giving power to the shower, bath and kitchen
● All the rear windows have fitted purpose-made blinds, front windows are curtained
● The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with an extensive range of high and low level cupboards, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/ freezer and dishwasher, Electrolux modern cooking unit with double oven, 4 ring ceramic hob and Neff stainless steel extractor over, lots of wide working surfaces and stainless steel inset sink unit, fridge freezer and plenty of room for a breakfast table which would seat 4-6.
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, separate WC, kitchen/breakfast room, airing cupboard, full electric central heating on economy 7, with underfloor heating and individual room thermostats. Outside: single garage in separate block, car parking, private drive access and a very useful adjacent lockable storeroom.
Garden: Well-kept communal grounds maintained under contract.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a mile up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Schools: Within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter proceed under the railway bridge passing The Swan pub on your right and opposite the rowing club, turn left into Hartslock Court and the flats will be on your right. Park on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7BJ
Services: Mains water, drainage and electricity, satellite and broadband.
Local authority/Tax band: West Berkshire Council. Council tax band E.
The leaseholders of Hartslock Court own the freehold title to the development, held ‘in common' owned by Hartslock Court Limited, representing a 1/45 share for each leaseholder / freeholder. A maintenance charge is payable by each apartment and currently the annual sum amounts to approximately £1,400 and which is paid half yearly. These charges include the cost of upkeep and maintenance of the gardens and communal areas including halls and stairways, exterior window cleaning, Buildings Insurance and a sum towards a ‘sinking fund' which is set aside for further expenditure on major items.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road,
Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.