- Peaceful location
- 5 bedrooms (3 doubles 2 singles)
- Large level garden with small paddock
- Parking for numbers of cars
- Backing onto farmland
- No chain
- 2 en suites plus further bathroom
- Walk to pub, primary & secondary schools, shop and village green
- Double detached garage with annexe over
- Pangbourne 0118 9842662
Pangbourne 4 miles ● Goring-on-Thames 3.5 miles ● Reading 9 miles (all distances are approximate)
2,247 sq ft / 209 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
No onward chain.
A splendid detached 5 bedroom character country house which has been tastefully redesigned, reconstructed, extended and beautifully re fitted in 2013.
The property is set back from a peaceful lane with the large gardens and paddock extending to 0.35 of an acre, backing onto open farmland.
Beech Lane is one of the most sought-after lanes in Woodcote village.
Ravenswood is within walking distance of the two highly regarded schools - Woodcote primary school and Langtree secondary school, a shop, pub and village green with its playing fields.
This comfortable family house has an excellent flow of accommodation and innovative design features within the interior and exterior.
● There is a pretty sitting room with a bay window and an open log fire, currently fitted with a wood burning stove
● The fantastic entrance hall with half landing and picture window
● The kitchen/dining room is the hub of the house, and a very special feature. Extensively fitted with a quality range of high and low-level cupboards and drawer units, granite worksurfaces, a lime flagstone floor, fitted dishwasher, inset salt glazed sink unit, Rangemaster with 5 ring gas hob and hot plate, gas-fired double oven and grill, extractor unit above, fitted fridge, oak stable door giving access to the extensive rear gardens and stone laid patio for summer dining
● There is a central island unit in the kitchen which has a granite worksurface and serves as a breakfast bar with space for 2 stools
● There is a tasteful use of oak throughout the property including doors and staircase with balustrade rising to the first-floor galleried landing
● The main bedroom on the first floor is fitted with an extensive range of wardrobes
● The ground floor bedroom has an ensuite shower room
● All windows are primary double glazed, with bay windows to the front bedroom and sitting room, and sash windows to the ground floor
● The bathroom and shower room are all of first quality modern design
● The play room has a door directly onto the garden
● There is a large lobby with secondary entrance from the front walking through into a utility room, with plumbing for appliances
● The detached double garage has a side entrance and stairs up to a beautifully fitted office or bedroom 5 with ensuite shower room
● Ample car parking for a number of cars including further access on the left-hand side of the house for perhaps storing a boat or a caravan
● The large gardens including a small paddock, back onto open farmland
The comments in the pre application `are not binding on the council in respect of the determination of any formal planning permission submitted`
Summary of accommodation:
Large reception hall, sitting room, cloakroom, play room, ground floor bedroom with ensuite shower room, kitchen/dining room, large utility room, 4 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms.
Detached double garage with separate access to staircase to fully converted bedroom 5 / study with ensuite shower room.
Gardens and grounds: Level rear gardens ideal for children with a variety of mature trees to the boundaries on both sides giving privacy and seclusion. With a small paddock backing on to open farmland. Large terrace, Wendy house, sunken trampoline, tool shed. Extensive parking to the front of the property.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.35 acre / 0.14 hectare (approx.)
Local facilities: Woodcote has a vibrant community and the village offers a good selection of amenities including a recently renovated convenience shop, several pubs, a library and garden centre.
Within a short drive of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a short distance away and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Goring and Pangbourne offer superb transport links with fast train services to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City.
Schools: Walking distance to Woodcote Primary and Langtree Secondary schools. Easy driving distance to: The Oratory Preparatory School, The Oratory, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: Upon entering Woodcote, you will come to a cross roads with Bridle Road on your right, and you will be able to see the Co-Op mini supermarket, turn left into Beech Lane. A short distance down the road forks, with a street sign for Beech Lane bearing off to the left – follow Beech Lane and Ravenswood will be found on the right-hand side, there is a Singleton & Daughter for sale board. Opposite a new house build and a bungalow called Goats Gamble.
Post Code: RG8 0PX
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage. Security system to main house and garage.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire Band F
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.