- Attractive modern country house.
- Magnificent uninterrupted views.
- 2 Ensuite shower rooms and a family bathroom.
- Double tandem garage and ample parking.
- Riverside walksl.
- Substantially extended by the present owners.
- 6 bedrooms.
- Rear gardens with splash pool and superb views.
- Close to village centre facilities and Cholsey station.
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Wallingford 4 miles, Pangbourne 5.8 miles, M4 (J12) 10 miles, Reading 12 miles (distances approximate)
2,380 sq ft / 221 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive modern 6 bedroom country house with magnificent uninterrupted views across the southerly facing rear boundary, with easy walking distance to the River Thames and Thames Path.
Built to high standards in 2004 by Thames Vale Homes, a local builder, renowned for their quality of construction and finish and having been substantially extended by the present owners, who have owned the property from new.
The improvement works include; an extension of the family room and front entrance porch, to the second floor the introduction of an excellent staircase, 2 bedrooms and a cloakroom, the garage doubled in size to enable tandem car parking, presently this is garaging and a workshop.
This is a very private and secluded spot, and number 7 enjoys an exclusive location bounded by fields on 2 sides, at one end of this small peaceful development entered from a private road.
There is a splendid flow of accommodation with the drawing room having a door from the reception hall, glazed panel French doors give access through to the sitting room and a further door gives access to the kitchen/dining room.
● The splendid, large kitchen/dining room is a spectacular feature, fully fitted with an extensive range of high and low level cupboards and drawers, Bosch fitted fridge/freezer, second Bosch fitted deep freeze, Bosch dishwasher, Bosch microwave, stainless steel 5 ring gas range with oven under, stainless steel splashback and extractor over, granite working surfaces throughout, pantry units and glass fronted wine cooler
● The drawing room is an elegant room with large windows giving plenty of light and an open fireplace with chimney presently fitted with an ornamental gas flame fire unit but could be used if so desired as an open log fire
● Parquet flooring in the playroom, reception hall and cloakroom
● Good sized family room with access from the hall
● Bedroom 1 is spacious with fitted wardrobes, splendid far reaching rural views and an ensuite shower room
● Splendid large guest bedroom with fitted wardrobes and ensuite shower room
● Large galleried landing with staircase rising to second floor landing
● The second floor has 2 bedrooms, 1 with full air conditioning and a cloakroom
● Primary double glazing throughout
● High beech hedges give seclusion to the rear garden which is mainly laid to lawn with a terrace area and decked area for summer dining, flanked by a highly insulated splash pool which can be electrically heated if so desired
● The workshops could easily become a first-class home office if so desired
● There are key code entry systems to the front door, the door to the hall, the garden store and garage
● The garden has a full irrigation system (available by separate negotiation)
● Water softener
● Whole house water filter
● Boarded garage loft for storage, full length
● Ferry Way is a peaceful no through road
Note: The beginning of Ferry Way is adopted, where it bends to the left fronting the road, is privately owned by house numbers 7, 8 and 9.
Summary of accommodation: Enclosed entrance porch, reception hall, drawing room, fitted study, family room, kitchen/dining room, cloakroom with utility cupboards which can conceal a washing machine and tumble dryer, 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 are ensuite, cloakroom to second floor.
Gardens: There are splendid views across the rear gardens which enjoy the sun from the south and west. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with superb views, fruit trees on the rear boundary, a terrace area, heated splash pool and decked area for summer dining. The gardens to the front have been prettily landscaped, there is a large purpose constructed garden store with dual access from front and rear gardens, double tandem garage, half of which is currently used as a workshop and parking for 5 cars.
Local Facilities: Cholsey sits in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the edge of the Chilterns and the banks of the River Thames, with the surrounding countryside renowned for its walks and bridle paths.
Ferry Way is a 2-minute walk to Cholsey cricket green and pavilion as well as a children`s playground. There is a small convenience store a short walk away, with Cholsey village centre offering a Tesco express, butchers, pharmacy, hairdressers, café, restaurants and pubs. There is a village green with village hall, 4 tennis courts and a thriving tennis club.
There is a footpath from Ferry Lane which leads directly to the Thames Path giving wonderful riverside walks.
The renowned Beetle & Wedge riverside restaurant is a short distance away, as is the historic old market town of Wallingford, providing a superb range of day to day facilities, including a large Waitrose and Lidl, doctors, dentists, opticians, gyms, famer`s markets, an array of independent and high street shops and several good restaurants.
Cholsey train station is a 15 minute walk, offering fast journey times to Reading, London Paddington and Oxford.
Schools: Cholsey primary school is close by, and a short drive away are lots of fine local schools including; Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory (senior & junior), Pangbourne College and Bradfield College.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn right and proceed out of the village in the direction of Streatley. Proceed through the traffic lights at Streatley and stay on the Wallingford Road, the A329. Pass by Cranford House and Moulsford School, pass a railway bridge at a set of traffic lights, enter and pass a sign for Cholsey, pass the Cranford Nursery School on your right, turn right into Ferry Lane, opposite Papist Way on left, almost immediately turn right into Ferry Way a short distance bear left and number 7 is at the end on the right.
Post Code: OX10 9JX
Services: All mains services including gas, gas fired central heating, whole house water filter, water softener, garden irrigation system (available by separate negotiation).
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.