- Single storey village house in fantastic order throughout
- 2 ensuite bathrooms plus a further family bathroom
- 4 reception rooms
- Primary double glazed windows
- Walk to primary school, village store, post office, pub, village green
- 4 bedrooms
- Large bespoke kitchen/breakfast room/ living room
- Attached double garage and off road parking for numbers of cars
- Well screened, secluded and set back from the road, good sized gardens
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Pangbourne 8 miles ● Reading 8 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● Theale train station 4 miles/8 mins drive ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances & timings are approximate)
2,234 sq ft / 208 m²
Gardens extending to 0.3 acres (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive 4 bedroom single storey village house beautifully maintained and fitted. Enjoying total seclusion and privacy, constructed in the style of an earlier period lodge house with a fabulous flow of accommodation.
A light, bright interesting property in superb order throughout.
The attention to detail throughout this property with a high standard of fittings and maintenance, combine to make this not only a very comfortable family house but a unique and extra ordinary home in which to live.
The village primary school, community run shop and post office are all within easy walking distance, the shop is bounded by the village green with its play area for children and host to a variety of annual events, including the May Day Fair. The village cricket pavilion is within walking distance as is the highly regarded village primary school. This is a superb village with a fantastic village community. The Queen's Head, the village pub is within walking distance, and within keeping with village pubs relies on the use by village residents, creating little or no disturbance.
● The bespoke kitchen/breakfast room overlooks the garden to the front and has walk-through access into the pretty living room which has double French doors opening onto a sun terrace for summer dining and large skylights flooding this room with light. The kitchen also has splendid quartz working surfaces and breakfast bar with under mounted stainless steel 1 ½ bowl sink, mixer taps and separate filtered water supply, there is an extensive range of cupboards and drawers with laminate oak flooring reaching into the remainder of the house with the exception of the bathrooms. The kitchen is fitted with a Leisure cuisine master electric cooking range with triple ovens, grill, 5 ring ceramic hob with stainless steel chimney cooker hood over and stainless steel splashback to wall also with a fitted microwave oven and fitted dishwasher, glazed fronted wine cooling unit and pair of large pot drawers, matching larder cupboard and attached household store
● The whole property has been refitted with primary double glazed windows, apart from the large picture window in the sitting room
● There are views over the gardens on all sides
● Bedroom 1 has fitted wardrobes and an ensuite whirlpool bath and a pair of stone carved wash hand basins, with double French doors opening onto the rear sun terrace
● The main guest bedroom, bedroom 2, has double French doors giving access to the rear sun terrace and a fine quality modern ensuite shower room
● Bedroom 4 is used as a child's bedroom and could be a study if required, with windows overlooking the front and a door giving ensuite access to the family bathroom
● The dining room has large windows overlooking the front and a door giving access to the front terrace and gardens and a wide walk through access to the sitting room which leads in to a further wide access to the garden room. This is a fine flow of accommodation in keeping with the remainder of the house
● There are high ceilings throughout with a pretty cedar clad ceiling to the sitting room and a large open fireplace fitted with a modern wood burning stove by Contura
● The inner hall gives access to all the bedrooms and bathrooms
● The garden room has double doors giving access to a further sun terrace with grapevines to a loggia with suspended heating unit over a glazed dining table
● Installed in bedrooms 1 and 2 are combination state of the art wall heaters and attractive led screen. These give instant modern convection heating in conjunction with the luxury of a led screen display with 9 different displays from a log fire to an aquarium to a river scene with birdsong.
Summary of accommodation: Living room with walk through access to a large kitchen/breakfast room, dining room with walk through access to sitting room with open fire fitted with wood burning stove, with further open access to a garden room with an insulated vaulted ceiling. 4 bedrooms, 3 with ensuites, bedroom 4 is a child's bedroom or possible study, beautifully fitted family bathroom, attached double garage which has plumbing for washing machine.
Gardens and grounds: The property is set 75' back from the road and has a wide frontage with a 5 bar gate giving secure access. High hedges and non-deciduous conifers screen the property and give privacy to the whole length of the frontage and both sides of the property. There is parking on the gravel forecourt for approximately 6 cars. To one side there is a lean-to workshop and general garden store. Well-maintained lawns to the front and side and a pretty decked terrace area to the rear.
The rear garden has a wide slate paved seating area with hedges giving total seclusion. There is a large decking area with access to the sitting room to one side, and steps leading down to a grass area with raised rose beds and a greenhouse. There is access to the front/rear from both sides of the property. Concealed secure area currently used for chickens/ ducks or could a useful garden storage area.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.3 acres / 0.12 hectare.
Local facilities: Bradfield Southend and Bradfield have a wonderful community. There is a community owned and run Village Store/Post Office just over the road, together with a cricket ground and a recreation ground situated behind. There is an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children's play area, floodlit tennis courts and a tennis club. A fine health centre is a short drive along the Avenue of Oaks.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar's farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading and Newbury are equidistance and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station. There is easy access to bus services which run along the Bradfield Southend Road.
There are a number of very good pubs in the area; The Bladebone at Bucklebury, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull in Stanford Dingley, offer excellent food as does the The Queen's Head village pub.
Schools: Walking distance to Bradfield Church of England Primary School. Bradfield College and Pangbourne College are nearby, with Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School and Elstree Preparatory School all within easy driving distance.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, over the mini roundabout and pass out of the village, through Tidmarsh, over the M4 and turn first right signposted to Bradfield. Proceed along this road passing through the centre of the buildings belonging to Bradfield College, arriving at a T-junction with a War Memorial on your left, turn right. A short distance down the road you will see a sign for Bradfled Primary School on the left, Cock Lane on your right and the Queen's Head pub sign, the entrance to Victoria Lodge is immediately on the left.
Post Code: RG7 6EU
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage. Electric heating (economy 7 system), with each room having the ability to control the output of the heating. The vendor states that you do not need heating from April to September as the property has efficient heat conservation and is sheltered. Gigaclear broadband. Water softener.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.