- A spacious country residence
- 5 bathrooms
- Annexe with potential to have separate entrance
- Delightful gardens extending to 0.69 acres
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- 5 bedrooms
- Imposing reception hall and wide corridors
- Large detached double garage
- Outdoor swimming pool
Pangbourne 9 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Theale Station 6.5 miles ● Newbury 7.5 miles ● Reading 11 miles (all mileages/distance are approximate)
4,002 sq ft / 372 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.69 acre/0.28 hectare (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid, unusually spacious 5 bedroom modern country residence, situated in a quiet lane within walking distance of Bucklebury Common and set within a large plot part walled plot extending to 0.69 of an acre.
Dalnuston has been scrupulously maintained by the present owners and is in excellent order throughout. It is situated in a very private and secluded plot, once part of Bucklebury Place, and still enjoys the splendid high red brick walls to the right hand side and to the rear of the gardens.
It is very unusual to get such a large purpose built well-maintained bungalow in such a fine semi-rural location, which is only minutes walking distance from Bucklebury Common. With easy access to the Avenue of Oaks with its highly regarded Bladebone Pub with restaurant, the Blackbird Café, and a short distance along, a splendid medical centre.
This is a very light, sunny property with high ceilings, with security afforded by the high walls and fencing surrounding the property and the electric entrance gates from the lane. The property sits within the heart of its gardens, ideally placed to enjoy southerly and westerly sun to the rear with a large terrace for summer entertaining and a splendid pool area with pool room.
Designed originally with a wing on the left hand side, which might be used as a self-contained annexe (see Note), the sitting room here could easily be used as a 5th double bedroom as it has a bathroom adjacent.
● The amazing and large sunny south-westerly plot with red brick walls, swimming pool, pool room, small orchard and garden stores
● Very large and imposing reception hall with its wide 3 metre corridors, one reaching to the bedroom areas, the other to the main reception rooms and kitchen
● The kitchen is spacious with comprehensive oak fronted country cupboard and drawer units at both high and low levels, with china cupboards, Neff stainless steel electric double oven unit, ceramic hob, double sink, and wine racks in the peninsular bar which separates the kitchen area from the breakfast area with room for a large table and chairs that could seat at least 8 if so desired
● The sitting room has an open fireplace, and a dining area at one end, although there is the option to use one of the other rooms in the property as a dining room if so desired. There are large primary double glazed slide back doors giving access to the rear gardens and the sun terrace.
● The spacious laundry room with doors to the garden houses the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer which will remain within the property
● There is a spacious study to one side
● The master bedroom suite overlooks the rear gardens
● The large garden store/workshop to one side of the property which also houses the oil tank
● The large detached double garage with its modern electrically operated roll up door
● There is a full alarm system including the garage
● All the windows and nearly all the doors have been replaced of recent times with modern primary double glazed units
● Fully insulated large loft with plenty of storage space
● Full cavity wall insulation
● Oil fired boiler replaced in 2012
● The peaceful pretty lane, with views to the front of woodland with farmland beyond
Summary of accommodation: Large entrance lobby with 2 pairs of entrance doors, large reception hall and central interior corridors, large sitting room, family room, study, kitchen/breakfast room, side lobby, laundry room, large second sitting room to annexe/bedroom 5 if so desired, 4 further double bedrooms, 5 bathrooms/shower rooms (2 ensuite). Double detached garage, garden workshop/store, 2 garden sheds, greenhouse, modern pool room, swimming pool. The frontage to the peaceful country lane is very wide,
Large gravel forecourt for parking a number of cars, also giving access to the double garage and pedestrian access to the property with electric remote-controlled entrance gates.
Gardens and grounds: The gardens are a delightful feature, part-walled and unusually large south-westerly facing with sun terraces, herbaceous borders, well-maintained lawns, fruit trees, a greenhouse, 2 garden sheds and a large garden store/workshop. Outdoor swimming pool with pool room.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.69 acres / 0.28 hectares.
Note; The present second sitting room, bedroom and shower room area which were constructed with the thought of becoming an annexe in the future, have planning which runs to May 2019 for a new front door to be placed, giving separate access and also a kitchen fitted.
Local facilities: This area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs, just down the road is The Bladebone pub with an excellent restaurant, there is also a lovely tea room serving a fine range of cakes and snacks; The Blackbird Cafe. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office/village store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes` drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pub, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull Inn, both of which have restaurants, one of which is owned by the tenants of the Bladebone who also have a highly regarded catering company.
The village of Bucklebury, which is mentioned in the Doomsday Book, is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour`s drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak, an excellent Post Office, large general store and a hairdresser.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 15 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award winning specialist shops, a small supermarket, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, pass over the mini roundabout, pass out of the village, cross over the M4 and turn right signposted to Bradfield. Pass Bradfield College, at the T-junction with the War Memorial on your left, turn right. Drive through Bradfield Southend and onto the Avenue of Oaks, pass the turning to the left to Beenham, continue along The Avenue and just before the Bladebone pub and the Blackbird Café turn left into Chapel Row. Proceed own the road and reach a junction with a signpost which points to the right; Bucklebury Common. Turn right here and proceed along passing Windmill Lane on your left hand side, the property will be found a short distance down on the left hand side opposite a wooded copse.
Post Code: RG7 5TS
Services: Mains water, septic tank drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating. Gigaclear point in the lane.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.