- Detached modern village house/ pretty views
- Family bathroom and en-suite shower room to bedroom 1
- Re fitted kitchen breakfast room
- Good quality carpets and curtains throughout
- Well-maintained gardens
- 4 double bedrooms
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Primary double glazing throughout
- Integral double garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Far reaching rural views.
Pangbourne 7 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 8 miles ● Reading 12 miles ● Newbury 8 miles ● Theale Station 7 miles (all mileages/distance are approximate)
1,746 sq ft / 162 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A detached 4 bedroom modern house in splendid order throughout. Set in the heart of this famous period village, lying adjacent to very pretty period properties, within an area noted for its rural beauty.
Entered from a tree-lined and peaceful semi-rural lane, within walking distance of the village hall, village green and children`s play area. The property has been well-maintained, and considerably updated of recent times, to include family bathroom and the ensuite shower room to the main bedroom.
The gardens to front and rear are pretty, with the front gardens mainly laid to lawn and enjoying wide vehicular and pedestrian access by traditional 5 bar gates. The rear garden enjoys the south westerly sun, and there is a pretty stone laid terrace accessed immediately from the double French doors from the sitting room.
The large integral double garage with electric up and over door and painted floor gives the possibility of easy conversion to residential use which might be accessed from both the sitting room and the entrance hall
The property is fitted with good quality carpets and curtains throughoutThe sitting room has a wood burning stove fitted to the fireplace presently converted to propane gas, and double French doors giving access to the sun terrace in the rear garden
The kitchen/breakfast room has also been completely refitted of recent times with granite worksurfaces, lots of cupboards and drawers to one side, washing machine and tumble dryer
Neff fitted double electric oven, Neff 4 ring ceramic hob with extractor over, Neff fitted dishwasher and water softener, fitted refrigerator, windows in the kitchen directly overlook the pretty rear gardens with a door giving access, generous area to one side which may accommodate a dining table
To the first floor there are 4 double bedrooms, with pretty views of the tree-lined lane to the front and fabulous far-reaching views over natural countryside from the rear
2 of the bedrooms have extensive fitted wardrobes
Replacement primary double glazing throughout
Summary of accommodation: Reception lobby with door to garage, family/dining room, sitting room, cloakroom, kitchen with breakfast area, 4 double bedrooms, ensuite shower room to bedroom 1, family bathroom, integral double garage.
Gardens: The front garden is mainly laid to lawn with some shrubs and hedging on both sides. The rear garden enjoys the south westerly sun, a pretty stone laid terrace is accessed immediately from the double French doors from the sitting room. There are well-maintained lawns, high fences to all boundaries giving seclusion, shrubs, perennials to the boundaries and a pair of ornamental trees, there is a garden tool shed on the right-hand side and access to front and rear gardens on both sides of the property.
Properties in Bucklebury village including Saddlers did receive some flood damage in July 2007, along with 50,000 other houses in the UK. References to the latest Environment Agency flood map shows Saddlers to be in the light blue sector meaning that with recent flood defences the chances of recurrence are between 0.1% and 1%. A large-scale flood alleviation scheme has been put in place in 2011 at the cost of some £600,000.
Local facilities: There are just 25 houses in Bucklebury village and this area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs and nearby is the Gastro Pub of the Year 2017; The Bladebone, with its excellent restaurant, there is also a lovely tea room, The Blackbird Café, serving a fine range of cakes and snacks. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office and general store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes` drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pub, The Old Boot Inn. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
The village of Bucklebury, which is mentioned in the Domesday Book, and has a 17th century church St Mary the Virgin, is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour`s drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 15 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Saddlers is in the catchment area for the highly sought after and Ofsted rated excellent; The Downs School. Other excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is also a C of E primary school in Upper Bucklebury.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left proceed out of the village, and over the M4, turn right and proceed through Bradfield, passing Bradfield School. At the T-junction turn right, drive through Bradfield Southend, and through the Avenue of Oaks. At the Bladebone Pub turn right towards Bucklebury village. After the church, turn right, passing the village hall on your left, and Saddlers will be found a short distance along on your left, before a right-hand bend.
Post Code: RG7 6PS
Services: Mains water, electricity private drainage, oil fired central heating, propane gas to wood burning stove, security system.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.