- 5,134 sq ft / 477 sq m
- 5 bathrooms
- Luxury specification
- Walk to pub, church, village hall, school
- High energy efficiency - EPC Band B
- 5 double bedrooms plus good sized play room & media room to 2nd floor
- 31' (9.7 metres) kitchen / living room
- Beautiful views over pastureland
- Double oak framed car port - with large driveway with ample parking
- 0118 9842662
Pangbourne shops & station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles (all distances are approximate)
5,134 sq ft / 477 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A spectacular 5 bedrooms plus 2 further rooms, newly constructed country house of character, overlooking open fields with woodland into the distance and situated on a peaceful lane. Built by the well-known builders of individual modern country houses, Belmore Homes, who have been responsible for the construction of a number of properties in Upper Basildon and the surrounding areas.
The attention to detail, the quality of finish and the high standard of fittings throughout the property are almost impossible to find in newly built houses today.
Upper Basildon is renowned for its rural beauty with lots of bridle paths and footpaths and yet only minutes from the village of Pangbourne with its shops, amenities and station, also there is easy access to the M4, at junction 12. This property is within easy walking distance of the village school, pub, church, village green with its playing fields and children's playing area, and tennis courts.
This is a spectacular and handsome individually designed family house of enormous quality and presence
● The fabulous kitchen/breakfast room with dining and living areas. The kitchen is fitted with an extensive range of bespoke units with both high and low level cupboards and drawers, marble worksurfaces, a fitted Rangemaster cooking unit, with 2 ovens, 5 ring ceramic hob over and extractor fan above. Fitted American style Neff fridge/freezer with ice and water dispenser, Siemens stainless steel dishwasher, fitted Siemens microwave and a large island preparation unit with figured marble top and lots of drawers, a wine cooler and to one end an oval breakfast bar in oak. The whole area has a Domus tiled floor with foldback doors giving access to the rear gardens and taking full advantage of the views
● The same marble worksurfaces continue through to the utility room
● The Baronial reception hall is very large with a staircase rising gracefully to a galleried landing on the first floor, and a further staircase reaching to the second floor with further gallery, both landings overlook the reception hall
● The drawing room is large, with French doors leading onto the rear flagstone sun terrace, and the gardens. There is an open fireplace and double French doors giving access from the reception hall
● The play room and study are both spacious
● Zoned underfloor central heating throughout, fuelled by Mitsubishi Ecodan air source heat pumps
● The property is extremely energy efficient with tremendous levels of insulation and the heating system ensures it is both economical to run and easy to maintain – EPC band B (88) this is a very high energy efficiency banding.
● All bedrooms are double in size
● The main bedroom is unusually large with double aspect pretty rural views, a dressing room and a large ensuite with shower
● Both bedrooms 1 and 2 have French doors giving direct views over surrounding countryside with secure Juliet balconies for summer use
● There are three large ensuite bathrooms/shower rooms and 2 large family bathrooms. All of the sanitaryware including cloakrooms, are of the highest standard
● Masses of light given to the first and second floor landings via circular skylight and large windows on the first floor overlooking the front
● The power point fittings throughout the property are in stainless steel
● Fully carpeted throughout
● Security system in place
● Blandys Lane is a very peaceful and pretty semi-rural lane
Summary of accommodation: Baronial entrance hall with staircase leading to large galleried landing and a further staircase to the galleried second floor landing, both overlooking the reception hall, cloakroom, drawing room, study, play room, stunning kitchen/breakfast room with living and dining areas beautifully fitted, utility room, 5 bedrooms with 2 further rooms (playroom & media room) to the 2nd floor, Bedroom 1 with en suite bathroom and dressing room, 5 bathroom/shower rooms to include 3 suites, and further dressing room to 2nd floor, Double oak framed car ports with tiled pitch roof.
Gardens: Wide frontage to the peaceful lane, landscaped gardens with lawned areas, oak framed car ports for 2 cars and parking for a large number of cars on the forecourt, imposing entrance with a pair of 5 bar wooden gates. Side entrance to the rear, landscaped gardens to rear, unusually large stone flagged patio with access from both the kitchen/breakfast room and the drawing room.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout and turn right just past The Elephant Hotel at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill and just past Pangbourne College entrance, turn right signposted Upper Basildon. Proceed along this road until you pass the church on your right and fork right. Proceed along this road with the green on your left, keeping to the right-hand side and eventually you will enter Blandys Lane and the property will be found a short distance down on the left hand side.
Post Code: RG8 8PG
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage. Under floor water filled central heating supplied by air source heat pumps, which also supplied the domestic hot water. 2 Mitsubishi ecodan air source heating system units give 17kw of powerful heating.
EPC Rating: Band B (88)
Local Authority : West Berkshire
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.