- Modern linked detached house
- 2 Reception rooms
- Pretty gardens front and rear
- Ideal location walk to village facilities
- 3 Bedrooms
- Replacement double glazed windows
- Single garage and parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Within the heart of the village ● Walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes (Crossrail coming to Reading) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes` drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,159sq ft / 108 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive modern link detached 3 bedroom house situated at the end of a peaceful close within the heart of the village. Easy walking distance to shops, schools, station, doctor`s practice and restaurants.
The property is in immaculate order throughout with tremendous potential to extend subject to local authority planning permission.
The gardens to both front and rear are very pretty. The rear garden has shrubberies, borders and well maintained lawns, with a sun terrace for summer dining, gaining the westerly sun.
The property was built in the1970s by the well-respected national building company Gough Cooper.
● All the windows have been replaced with primary double glazing
● The sitting room is pretty with large windows overlooking the front and double French doors opening into the dining room which also has a large window overlooking the rear gardens
● The kitchen has been replaced and is a good quality golden oak fronted cupboards and drawer units, at high and low level with wide working surfaces. Electric oven with 4 ring ceramic hob and extractor over
● The property has gas fired central heating and the boiler was replaced 2 years ago
● Attached is a larger than average single garage
● There is a small extension to one side with a utility/garden room and cloakroom
● The first floor has 2 double bedrooms and a single bedroom, a bathroom with a separate WC, and the bathroom is fitted with a Mira electric shower
● There is a sunny reception hall
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, utility/garden room with plumbing for washing machine, cloakroom, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, attached single garage.
Gardens: Well-maintained gardens to front and rear. Front gardens with shrubs, lawns and flower beds. Rear garden fully enclosed with well-maintained lawns, summer dining area and lots of privacy.
Note. In 2007 Briars Close and some other properties at this end of Pangbourne had some flooding caused by the lack of maintenance to the Sulham brook and the bridge over Sulham Lane. This has now been rectified with extensive works having been carried out. The Environmental Agency has stated that `the flooding which occurred on 20 July 2007 was caused by an exceptionally severe storm (in excess of 1 in 200 year return period) which followed the wettest summer on record.`
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail at Reading offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is close by and offers foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout at The George Hotel and pass the police station on your left and the garage on your right. Turn right into Briars Close, follow round to the left and the property will be found on the left hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7LH
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.