- Victorian semi- detached
- Two bath/shower rooms
- Gardens approx 0.22 acres
- Lovely views to front and rear.
- Four bedrooms
- Period features and open fireplace
- Driveway parking and garage
Situated in the heart of the countryside yet within easy access to nearby villages, towns and train stations. Only a 10 minute drive to the villages of Theale and Pangbourne, with mainline stations that provide direct services to London Paddington. Bradfield also provides easy access to the M4 at junction 12, being only a 10 minute drive.
2,236 sq ft / 208 m² Gardens 0.22 acres / 0.09 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
A pretty semi-detached Victorian 4 bedroom cottage set in large gardens with unusually spacious family accommodation overlooking fields to the front and rear. The property is within easy walking distance of Bradfield College and its sport centre and only a short distance to the village co-operative shop in Bradfield Southend.
There are lots of footpaths and bridle paths in this area and the countryside is known for its peaceful rural beauty.
● High ceilings and large windows throughout flooding the property with light
● The large kitchen breakfast room has a large bay window overlooking the rear gardens, with high beamed ceiling with 4 ring ceramic hob, fitted double oven Belling unit, dishwasher, wide working surfaces, lots of cupboards, and drawers with vegetable baskets to one side. Original Victorian fitted cupboard unit, door to utility room/boot room
● Sitting room has 2 pretty bay windows, a large open fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove and log alcoves with a large beam across and a dining area
● The reception hall, which is currently being as a study, has a hardwood oak floor with the original door to the exterior, and large window overlooking the rear gardens and the fields beyond. This room could quite easily be a playroom if so desired
● 4 double bedrooms, with ensuite shower room to bedroom 1
● A number of very pretty original stripped and polished pine panel doors with brass fittings
● Plenty of storage space, with fitted wardrobes to 3 bedrooms
● Second floor; double bedroom with large Dorma window overlooking fields which has an access door to a large store room area which might in part convert to an ensuite shower room if so desired
● Family bathroom has a whirlpool bath with a shower and airing cupboard
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall (currently being used as a study), cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room with dining area, utility room. First floor; 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite to bedroom 1. Second floor; double bedroom with large eaves store. Single detached garage with workshop. Oil fired central heating.
Gardens and grounds: Large rear garden with lawns, overlooking fields, single detached garage with workshop, greenhouse.
Gardens extending to 0.22 acres / 0.09 hectares.
Local facilities: Bradfield and Bradfield Southend have a wonderful community with a village store/Post Office, a cricket ground and a recreation ground. Bradfield has an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children's play area, tennis courts and tennis club, and a pub.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex within walking distance open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar's farm shop is 5 minutes' drive (approx.) with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section and fishmonger.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving access, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading is 9 miles, Newbury 9 miles, and Pangbourne village 5 miles with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station (all distances are approximate).
Schools: There is Bradfield Church of England Primary School, Bradfield College is a few minutes' walk away, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Downe House, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory, and Elstree.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant hotel and proceed out of the village. Pass through the centre of Tidmarsh village, over the M4 and turn first right signposted for Bradfield. Proceed along this road and you will come across Bradfield College with a cross roads, turn right into Ashampstead Road. Pass through a single lane section of the road and Holme Cottage, a white cottage, will be found a short distance down on the right hand side.
Post Code: RG7 6BH
Services: Mains electricity, mains water and drainage, oil fired central heating.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.